Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lunch for a bunch, inpired by Mr. Bones and JeffJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch for a bunch, inpired by Mr. Bones and JeffJ

A bunch of us helped a friend move, and one of the wives brought a couple of these casseroles:

SAUSAGE CASSEROLE
    2 tbsp. butter
    1 lb. mild or hot sausage, crumbled (or ground beef)
    1 medium green pepper, chopped
    1 medium onion, chopped
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    2 cans chicken and rice soup
    1 1-lb. can cream style corn
    1/2 lb. cheddar cheese, grated
    1 12-oz. package wide noodles, cooked and drained.

Preheat oven to 350.
    Sauté sausage, onions, and pepper in butter until sausage is no longer pink. Add soups and corn and mix well, heating thoroughly. Add noodles.
    Put mixture in baking dish. Top with cheese.
    Bake 15 to 20 minutes.
    Note: Whole kernel corn may also be added. Add hot peppers (or a can of Ro-Tel) to kick it up a notch.

Here's a whole raft of "lunch for a bunch" quick recipes.
    https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/30-minute-recipes-that-feed-a-crowd/

Thanks for the recipe and link!

Comment

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      You bet.

Sounds great. I'm not sure how I provided inspiration for that dish, but I am happy to receive props for it.

Comment

• gcdmd
      gcdmd commented
      Editing a comment
      It was your posting of the soup can recipe in response to Bones's breakfast burrito thread that reminded me of the old casserole recipe that involved dumping a bunch of cans into a pot.

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      gcdmd OK. That makes sense.

I love casseroles, and I particularly love casseroles involving a can of cream of mushroom/tomato/chicken/celery/onion soup.

Thanks for posting.

Comment

Sometimes those throw together casseroles can be mighty tasty. Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

That looks good - thanx.

Comment

Nice, thanks!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here