Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meatloaf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meatloaf

Did a meatloaf on my weber today. Followed the recipe from here. Wife said "it's the best". Looking forward to experimenting with it knowing she'll eat it. Going to try it with longhorn beef. Any suggestions?
    Attached Files

Love meatloaf. Just keep experimenting till you find your personal preference.

Comment

Looks delicious, Dicedfroggy .

One of these times, you may want to think about covering that meatloaf with bacon strips before you smoke it. Yummy yum yum.

FWIW, my family likes my recipe with a mix of beef, bison, and pork. YMMV.

Kathryn
      Last edited by fzxdoc; May 4, 2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

fzxdoc I hate covering my meatloaf with bacon cuz I lose the opportunity for bark. So I just started mixing bacon ends with my ground beef. Now the whole loaf is bacon-ey.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Of course you did. I have a prime packer in the fridge Sophia got me on 4/12. It’s screaming at me to pull a Broussard and grind it with bacon. It’s been a while since I made a big ole burger. The issue is i won’t stop eating with that stuff in the house once it’s opened.

• Dadof3Illinois
          Dadof3Illinois commented
          Editing a comment
          If you grind your own burger try grinding the bacon too. I’ve found a place that carries ground bacon so my hamburgers and meatloaf are so much happier...Ha

• fzxdoc
          fzxdoc commented
          Editing a comment
          Good thought. I crisp the bacon on top of the meatloaf under the broiler just before serving. It has a nice crunch to it that way.

K.

What is "longhorn" beef?

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          excellent question sir.

Beef from one of these.
        Attached Files

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          From that one? 😃

Meatloaf may be the most under-rated thing to cook on the grill.

Comment

I agree that meatloaf is fun to experiment with. There are a lot of recipes for smoked meatloaf around. I like to cut up some cheddar or american cheese and mix in. As long as you get it to a safe temperature, it's hard to mess up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here