Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grilled honey coated Camembert cheese with Rosemary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grilled honey coated Camembert cheese with Rosemary

I really love BBQ, so I'm trying to figure out how I can use fire and smoke not only when cooking meat, but also for starters and desserts.

Here's an attempt at a good starter. I did it when I was making pizzas on my Big Green Egg this evening. I haven't done that before, but the pizzas turned out great.

One of the four pizzas I cooked.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pizza_3.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	49580

Makes: 4
    Takes: 20 minutes (10 minute prep, 10 minute cook)

Ingredients
    1 Camembert cheese (4-5 inches in diameter)
    Fresh Rosemary
    Honey

Instructions
    Buy a nice camembert cheese, one that is packaged in something that looks like a wooden box. It is important, as we will use it. Remove all plastic and paper wrapping, and place it back into the (bottom) wooden box. Poke 5-8 holes with a knife, and stick small (1 inch long) Rosemary twigs in the holes. Get them as deep as you can. Now riggle honey all over, and place it on the grill (indirect heat). I had mine running at 400° F. Let it sit for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted in the middle. Now serve it with a couple of spoons and slices of bread, or crackers. Spread some cheese on the bread/crackers, and enjoy it with a good white wine, either a Chardonnay or a Chablis. This is a nice dish to share with friends.

The Camembert cheese, in its wrapping

Name:	cheese_1.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	49581

The cheese, prepped with Rosemary and honey

Name:	cheese_2.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	49582

The cheese, on the plate setter in my Big Green Egg

Name:	cheese_3.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	49584

And the dish, ready to serve

Name:	grilled_cheese.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	49583

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here