Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fatty success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fatty success

Two great ones. Also chocolate waffles. Pics and details at attached link/ chocolate waffles at http://yanbbqb.blogspot.com/2014/12/...an-family.html Click image for larger version

Name:	sliced.png
Views:	139
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	41871 Click image for larger version

Name:	fatty.png
Views:	187
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	41873 Click image for larger version

Name:	sliced.png
Views:	91
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	41872

Fatty blog entry here http://yanbbqb.blogspot.com/2014/12/smoking-fatty.html

Comment

Wow that looks yummy!

Comment

Nice!

Kathryn

Comment

Very nice! Great job on what bacon weave!

Comment

• HC in SC
            HC in SC commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto that you got some skill and patience my man!

The thing I learned about these was that they are WAY easier than I expected. That bacon weave takes 2 minutes. Rolling is super simple if you use the ziploc bag approach. The only hard part is deciding what to put in the middle. I definitely liked the sauteed veggies (onion, pepper, garlic, carrots, mushrooms) and the spicy BBQ sauce. I seriously think these are radically easier than most of the other things I cook. No trimming. No dry brining. No marinading or sticking stuff between the skin and flesh of poultry. Fatties are easy!

Comment

The only thing I don't like about the weave are those parts of the bacon that are not browned due to being under other slices.

Your weave is definitely tight, dog.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
              The only thing I don't like about the weave are those parts of the bacon that are not browned due to being under other slices.

Your weave is definitely tight, dog.
              That bacon isnt browned but it is cooked somewhat---no one seemed to complain. I am going to brown the inside of the weave :a little" before I roll next time and see if that helps

Comment

My wife definitely didn't complain about mine. I think she would eat raw bacon if was socially acceptable.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here