Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Waffle Cone Magic??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffle Cone Magic??

You guys and gals are so great!

I went to Disney World 2 weeks ago. My oldest Daughter is there for the semester in the Disney College Program. So, of course, my wife planned TWO trips to theDisney to see her! This trip was just her and I, and the oldest daughter joining in much of the time. It's their Food and Wine Festival at Epcot this time of hear, and that was super fun! We got the delux dining plan, and ate at a bunch of the higher end restaurants, my wife knowing that I would enjoy the foodie action, which I did!

At the Craft Beer part of Food and Wine, I found this glorious creature: The Mac And Cheese Handwich!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	waffle cone 2.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	394118
    The bread was akin to a Cresent Roll, shaped in a cone in then baked. But less flakey. It was SUPER FUN!

Here are my Real Princesses, meeting a Disney Cast Member dressed as Rapunzel

Name:	waffle cone 3.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	394119

Inspired by the Handwich, I thought, "Why not change it to the crunch of a Waffle Cone - the Waffle Cone Mac with Turkey or Brisket or Beef Rib on top!"

Name:	waffle cone.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	394117

So, I bought a cheap waffle cone maker and am now at work to make this great!

I've only made one batch, the recipe from the waffle cone maker. It was ok.

However, I'm CERTAIN one of you in the Pit is a Certified Waffle Cone Expert! TEACH ME THE WAYS OF THE WAFFLE CONE!

I cannot wait to see dozens of people talking about the Mac&Turkey Waffle Cone all over my town!

#LifeIsMoreFunOntheRibList

What a killer idea! I’m not a baker, but I love the idea!

Comment

Great idea. I haven't made any waffle cones, but when I make savory pot pies I normally reduce the amount of sugar in the pie crust recipe by 1/2. Some sugar is necessary to help browning, so I wouldn't totally eliminate it.

Also, you could layer the fillings - some M&C, then some meat, and another layer of M&C followed by the last layer of meat.

Maybe layer cole slaw and pulled pork. The cole slaw would have to be a bit dryer I think.

Or you could layer different meats - for an upcharge.

Sorry, but the ideas just keep poppin' into my head.
      Last edited by RonB; October 12, 2017, 01:59 PM.

Comment

• HouseHomey
        HouseHomey commented
        Editing a comment
        Or stuf that piece of short rib in the bottom too! TheCountofQ

• PaulstheRibList
        PaulstheRibList commented
        Editing a comment
        RonB Love it! You know we fry some stuff in Louisiana!

TheCountofQ #ProjectSealTheCone

HouseHomey any way to add Beef Rib is a positive!

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        PaulstheRibList - I have heard a rumor that stuff occasionally falls in some hot oil in Louisiana.

That looks awesome! We just made grilled ham and cheese with smoked cheddar Mac in it and was delicious!

Comment

Ohmigosh, what a great idea. With your business, PaulstheRibList , I bet it would sell like hotcakes, er, wafflecones.

I'm thinking they would also be a great idea for entertaining, serving mini-cones filled with appetizer fare, like pulled pork and slaw, as RonB suggests. You could put the cones in a holder for smoking jalapenos:
        Click image for larger version  Name:	10196108.jpg Views:	1 Size:	21.7 KB ID:	394157

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          Editing a comment
          @fzcdoc I will get one of these coming right away! And the mini-cones idea is fantastic!

Fantastic ideal Paul 👍

Comment

• DWCowles
          DWCowles commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m going to take you up on that invite just don’t know when. I have to figure out a way to kidnap Huskee

• PaulstheRibList
          Editing a comment
          #RogerThat DWCowles

• Huskee
          Huskee commented
          Editing a comment
          Would love it. So far good ol' Deedubs hasn't come up near me in his trucking activities. Everywhere else on the planet, even the moon twice, but not central Michigan. I'd love to hop in and go for a ride down south... if the boss would let me.

Paul ... as a potentially interesting twist to plain ol' waffle cones, check out recipes for Norwegian "krumkake" (just google it for lots of info).

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          Editing a comment
          Will do @Mbmorgan!!

That is an excellent idea!!
        Years ago we had a local joint that sold a ton of BBQ Sundays.
        They used a Dairy Queen style plastic cup. One of the tall ones. A layer of slaw-a layer of beans-a layer of potato salad topped off with pulled pork or brisket. All in the plastic see through container with a long plastic spoon to be able to get it off the bottom as you ate through the layers. They sold a ton of them at lunch time and on weekends.

Mixing it all up as you ate it was delicious.

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
          Editing a comment
          That sounds fun, Cheef!

• Cheef
          Cheef commented
          Editing a comment
          It was kind of the perfect lunch time food. People would go in order and be gone in just a couple of minutes. Handy to carry along.
          I've been a baked bean potato salad mixer for years.

That is so cool! And the parfait take is pretty awesome.Keep us updated.

Comment

Getting Hungry! Great idea.

Comment

I agree with all the others. A great idea!! With my flavor palette, I would be leaning towards a garlic toast like flavor with them. May i ask why the change to crispy over soft? Would it just not hold up to the weight of the filling?

Comment

• PaulstheRibList
              Editing a comment
              I am open to learn and experiment with either. I LOVE Crunchy in dishes, so when I can find a way to add some, I'm interested

I researched waffle cone making a few months ago. I saw a recipe on YouTube that weighed their ingredients. If I were to try waffle cone making, I’d go with that one first (more precise to me means more dialed in perfection). I can’t seem to find that video again though!

fzxdoc I like the idea to go mini / bite sized. "Waffle cone brisket popper"??

Comment

Originally posted by scottranda View Post
            I like the idea to go mini / bite sized. "Waffle cone brisket popper"??
            Nice name, scottranda . I may have to borrow it if I get these things figured out for appetizers.

Smoked pulled chicken would be nice too--a good chicken and waffle bite.

Kathryn

Comment

I love it that you keep looking for new fresh fun ideas while still keeping quality the priority. I would say that was and is key to your awesome success.

Comment

Great idea! The combos are endless!

Sugar is also a tenderizer and a flavor balancer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here