Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

onion bombs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

onion bombs

ran across this today It is kind of a spin on the stuffed pepper. basically it is a single serve meatloaf wrapped in onion, wrapped in foil and tossed on the grill. I plan to try this in the near future

Sounds pretty cool;
    do ya' happen to have a link, from where ya' ran acrosst it?

Comment

It was some random thing that popped up on the fakebook. I googled this one... http://50campfires.com/bombs-away-onion-bomb-recipe/

Comment

Many thanks, Good Sir!

Comment

Looks pretty good. Let us know when you try it. Pics are always appreciated.

Comment

My wife just found a similar recipe on Pinterest but wrapped with bacon, going to try it soon.

Comment

That is what I had in mind. Bacon wrapped, stuffed with plenty of peppers and cheese. I might even leave the top of the foil open and dump in some melted garlic butter occasionally. That brings up another favorite... Smoked onions. remove skin but leave the roots on. Slice down to about 1/2" of the root. wrap in foil leaving the top open. Add butter and you favorite spices. Smoke for 3-4 hours adding butter or beer as needed through opening in the top. Jalapeno juice works good too. Then there are smoked peppers too. Pour a jar of jalapenos juice and all into a small aluminum boat or pan. Add vinegar or beer to keep them from drying out as needed. smoke for about 3 hours. They get hot as hell.
              Last edited by rat88; July 5, 2017, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Thanks, those sound good, but even better, thanks for the site. It looks like something I need to review further.

Comment

Got this in my FB feed (from someone I just added as a friend, they must already know me well!). Was going to post it, did a search first and rat88 beat me by a year, so credit for the first share goes to rat88!

I googled it, there is no variation at all in the first half dozen recipes, except one enterprising taster added a cube of cheddar cheese to each ball, which certainly doesn't hurt! Possible variations are endless: brisket, pork, hot pepper, all kinds of things would work just fine in these.

Comment

Thanks for this! Variations are infinite - anything you can stuff meatloaf with is on the table here. As far as the cheese goes, that's a tip'o'the hat to Jucy Lucy - a burger on some 10 Best in America lists.

I'm gonna start having some fun with these bombs!!

Comment

I missed this last year, but saw this on my FB feed yesterday, and printed it. Looks like it is worth trying!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here