Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shrimp on the grill, first use of the griddle grate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp on the grill, first use of the griddle grate

Decided to to grill shrimp and asparagus. I used my griddle grate for the first time. I really like the way it allows me to grill veggies while I cook. The griddle grate is a great way to griddle on the grill. It is anodized aluminum, and cost a lot less that a stainless steel griddle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0355.JPG Views:	1 Size:	216.2 KB ID:	301672
    See the attached picture.

The wifey worked today, and I didn't, so I prepared dinner on the grill.

Again, This was the first time I used the griddle grate and it worked great!

The griddle grate was slightly smaller that a regular grate and fit nicely on my grill.
    Last edited by bten; April 7, 2017, 08:47 PM.

Beautiful!

Comment

There's a seafood market here in Elizabethtown, KY of all places, where a group of guys down on the Gulf coast have a fishing boat and bring up a ton of fresh seafood every week. I'm planning to cook this same meal, probably tomorrow. These guys recently taught me how to efficiently peel and de-vein fresh shrimp using just a plastic fork.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang! What day or days are they in E- Town BBQRapper ? That's only 50 miles north of me.

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        It gets even better, they make periodic stops in Bowling Green. https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...urce=typeahead

But their regular hours in Etown are 11-7, Thursday - Saturday in the old Dairy Queen location across from the police department.

Used to do the same thing when I was in Naperville, Illinois. The shrimp was expensive, but fresh. Now that I live near the Gulf coast, it is a lot more affordable.

Comment

• Steve R.
        Steve R. commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm paying $13.50/lb.for jumbo shrimp, about it was in Destin last year, iirc.

• bten
        bten commented
        Editing a comment
        Paid $2.75 a pound for 15-20's on the Mississipi gulf coast, bought 75 lbs, and always have some in the freezer. I freeze them in zip-lok bags with water.

Fabian Seafood, Galveston Tx, via [email protected], Fly Shrimp, Crab Meat and Fresh Shucked Oysters into Mpls-St Paul Mn! JMurf (John) and his Crew Truck It Out to Us In the "Wild West"! They have been doing it for 41 Yrs Now! Not Cheap but Damned Good! First Truck Load of the Season Will be in Fargo @ 3:00 PM Wed Apr 12, in the K-Mart Lot, 2301 S University Dr.! Their Web Site is www.fabianseafood.com , I believe A Person could check for their Truck Delivery Routes on this Site! I'll add the Current Prices next Wednesday!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here