Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chili recipe-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chili recipe-

Not sure if anyone is interested in pretty great chili recipe, but I'll put mine here, if people want.

I'm in chili mode myself. I'm in a local competition this weekend!

Comment

• smarkley
      smarkley commented
      Editing a comment
      keep us informed, Dave... and pics would be fun! Thanks!

• Virginia Dave
      Virginia Dave commented
      Editing a comment
      I sure will!

PF, is it authentic Texas chili? I.e., no beans. Might be good to try, heading into the winter and I haven't been back to Austin or Dallas, for several years now.

Comment

I've moved around the South enough to appreciate all sorts of chilli. But since I live in Texas now, I only make Texas Red. That is, until my in laws from New Mexico come to visit. They bring me bushels of hatch peppers, so the least I can do is make pork green chili then. I'll get the recipe posted soon.

Comment

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        Ya... I am interested in that Pork Green Chili!

I'm not a chili purist; if it tastes good, I don't care about beans, tomatoes, turkey, whatever. I did make a pot of "San Antonio" style on Sunday:

5 lbs of chuck, cut into small cubes. This was a beautiful roast. It smelled so fresh.
      9 poblanos, roasted, then peeled,seeded, and diced. I know, they aren't in a real bowl of red. But I like poblanos.
      4 large onions, diced
      10 cloves of garlic, finely minced
      Water
      Salt, cracked black pepper, cumin, Mexican oregano, chili powder. I used an entire 2.5 oz bottle of chili powder, and guessed at the rest: probably a T each of cumin, pepper, and Mex oregano, and 2 T of coarse salt.
      1/2 cup masa harina to thicken.

The process is pretty straightforward. Sear the beef, sauté the vegetables, mix everything with water and spices, simmer for a while, stir in the masa and serve. Delicious!
      Last edited by Mosca; November 4, 2014, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Btw, posting to this forum from an iPad messes with the formatting. Next time I'm on a laptop or desktop I'll fix it.

Edit: format fixed.
        Last edited by Mosca; November 4, 2014, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here