Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First NFL Sunday of fall, thinkin' slow cooker kielbasa. What you think, should I...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First NFL Sunday of fall, thinkin' slow cooker kielbasa. What you think, should I...

I make this with a couple pounds of smoked kielbasa, a bag of Yukon gold potatoes, a couple pounds of sauerkraut, and I'm thinking of frying up a couple of big onions and tossing them in there.

Should I toss the onions in? And maybe a can of chicken broth for liquid? How about, pierogies instead of the potatoes?

No no matter what I do, this always comes out great. It's the variations I'm working out right now.

That sounds outstanding ..... although I'm going with chicken, ribs and pasta salad personally

Comment

I might throw in an apple or two to round out the flavors. It also takes a bit of the bite out of the sauerkraut.

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Thought about that, if I go with the potatoes they mellow it out.

Coriander seeds in the sauerkruat, also

Comment

• Mosca
        Mosca commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't have that, maybe caraway?

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, definitely Caraway is good in kraut

I like to use Better Than Bouillon for stock. Must be the MSG. And I love me some Yukon Potatoes in a crock. Id say you have this figured out.

Comment

In a masterpiece of compromise, Mary Joan said, "Why don't you do it with the potatoes, and then when it's time to eat we can fry up the pierogis in onions and butter, and pick what we want?

I always knew she was the smartest one in the room!

Comment

That's sounds like I'll be there for dinner!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here