Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deep-Fry party...suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deep-Fry party...suggestions?

I'm going to a deep-fry party Saturday. We will be DFing a variety of different things. In the past we have done the usuals- wings, hot dogs, cheese sticks, etc. We've done some novelty things like battered Oreos, twinkies, dill pickles.

I would like to try deep fried ribs (already smoked, cut into bones, then DFed) so if I have time to smoke some I'll be taking some to try.

Looking for suggestions as to what might be good, either in theory or from experience. Not really looking for stuff that takes a lot of prep though, just new fun ideas.

Snickers bars...definitely snickers bars. Best advice, unwrap them, put Popsicle stick in them, then freeze them. When you're ready, batter them (like oreos) and fry. Everytime I eat one I feel like I'll become insulin dependent, but man are they good!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great idea! Thanks

Bacon bombs:
    1 x Can of "Grands Biscuits"
    1 lb bacon
    1 pkg Mozzerella cheese

Cut the biscuits into quarters. Cut the bacon pieces in half. Separate the layers of the biscuits and put a small piece of cheese inside. Close up the dough and seal the edges. Wrap each piece of dough in a piece of bacon and pin with a toothpick. Fry at 375 until golden brown.

these are "the bomb".

I've done avocado fries. Bacon wrapped onion rings. Fried chicken.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Assuming uncooked bacon to start? Sounds great!

• David S
      David S commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, uncooked bacon

Fried Kool Aid for dessert!!

Comment

Beer-battered mushrooms! Look up a simple beer-batter recipe and go to town. It ruined restaurant-style frozen fried mushrooms for us. So worth it.
    You can use the same batter for onion rings, but you might want to soak them in buttermilk for a while first

Comment

Elvis Presley sandwich, peanut butter with banana.

Comment

My two favorites are df bacon and fried ice cream

Comment

Fried Onion Rings with the special "Reade Ranch" batter.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Recipe ?

I loved fried food, as evident of my 2 corn dogs and okra for supper last night. But some, if not all, of the stuff listed above has me thanking the Almighty I have never been invited to one of these shin digs.

Comment

Deep Fried Corn On The Cob

Half ears frozen corn on cob

Place frozen corn in deep fryer basket and slowly lower into hot oil. Cook until golden brown.
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; September 15, 2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

Sounds like we can safely call this redneck fondue.

Comment

Originally posted by David S View Post
                Bacon bombs:
                1 x Can of "Grands Biscuits"
                1 lb bacon
                1 pkg Mozzerella cheese

Cut the biscuits into quarters. Cut the bacon pieces in half. Separate the layers of the biscuits and put a small piece of cheese inside. Close up the dough and seal the edges. Wrap each piece of dough in a piece of bacon and pin with a toothpick. Fry at 375 until golden brown.

these are "the bomb".

I've done avocado fries. Bacon wrapped onion rings. Fried chicken.

David it seems like every time you pop up to comment... BACON is involved. Or perhaps it's because I am also David and love BACON that I am seeing this incorrectly.

Comment

• David S
                  David S commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I really don't see anything wrong with my bacon obsession, do you?

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  No. No I don't =)

These fried ribs sounded interesting despite the fact that I have tried a Vietnamese version that I didn't like much. These guys look like they have the right kind of beards to do this correctly.

Comment

I'm smoking pork Char Siu Friday, courtesy of Marauderer, so I may toss a rack or two of ribs on to take to the party Saturday. Not sure if just deep frying the bones will be good or if they'd need battered. If battered, what type batter would work??? These things keep me up at night...

Comment

I vote for hush puppies.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here