Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Baloney!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baloney!

When your friends line up for a grilled baloney sandwich, there’s no time to waste. The Santa Maria grill that I purchased for a Weber kettle was my choice for grilled baloney in a hurry.
    @Attjack gets the credit for christening the hybrid SnS a "Perform n Sear", AKA a PnS.
    I spread a chimney of lit charcoal in the PnS and added a few oak splits. When the fire died down, I dealt the baloney slices over the oiled grate of the Santa Maria. Finding the proper cooking temperature is as easy as adjusting the grill height above the fire. Grill, flip, grill. I held the baloney in a hotel pan while I misted the buns with olive oil and quickly toasted them on the Santa Maria.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN7255.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	152.3 KB
ID:	1236869

Name:	DSCN7276.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	1236870

Name:	DSCN7281.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	147.5 KB
ID:	1236867

Name:	DSCN7285.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	174.9 KB
ID:	1236872

Name:	DSCN7290.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	1236868

Name:	DSCN7294.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	1236871

Name:	DSCN7296.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	155.1 KB
ID:	1236874

Name:	DSCN7299.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	1236873
    In the shop, it didn’t take long to serve up the baloney and buns with a side of InstantPot mac salad and a large selection of add-ons for the sandwiches. Sharing the lunch with friends made it special.

Love me some cooked bologna.

Comment

I’m all in on grilled or smoke bologna burgers. Heck I posted some I did just a few days ago.

Comment

They look good!

Comment

Wonderful!

Comment

Looks amazing.

Comment

Majestic

Comment

Belongs in the Redneck Vittles hall of fame.

Comment

• willsands
                  willsands commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Agreed, and these were center-cut slices too. It is hard to beat a good baloney sandwich.

That's the best way to eat bologna!

Comment

I have pan-fried Bologna, I guess I will have to try a chub on my Traeger.

Comment

Bologna burnt ends are also amazing.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Bkhuna
                      Bkhuna commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oklahoma Prime Rib.

• willsands
                      willsands commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I watched the video and added the bloomin' baloney to my list of things to try soon.
                      I'd wager that most folks don't have a towmotor in their kitchen as in the video, even if it is a BBQ supply house.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
                      DogFaced PonySoldier commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sure stinkin' looks good!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here