Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoked Lasagna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoked Lasagna

So I saw Huskee recipe and I thought yes! Then I showed it to my wife and she said no (not very weight watchers friendly). So I tried this one and modified it a little:

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...lasagna-103005

Only mods were I used fresh mozzarella, low fat cheeses, and sweet italian turkey sausage. Anyway, I did smoke the sauce with a couple of wood chunks while I got the filling and topping ready for about 45 minutes. After assembly I put the Lasagna on the smoker and added a decent size chunk probably around 4 Oz.

The Lasagna wasn't very smokey but it was good. I would probably try a different recipe next time. My WSM cooked the Lasagna around 340 for the duration and it only took about an hour.

EDIT: I have a picture but I gave up after 10 mins of trying to upload it. I'll try again tomorrow maybe.
    Last edited by josht138; August 23, 2015, 06:30 PM.

Josh josht138 , ever since seeing Huskee 's recipe I've wanted to give smoked lasagna a try. I'm thinking of doing it next month when I host a birthday party at our house, since the party is for an Italian man.

I'm wondering, did you smoke the sausages before they went into the lasagna?

I often use my own smoked sausages in a meaty marinara sauce for spaghetti and they add great flavor.

Kathryn

Comment

• josht138
      josht138 commented
      Editing a comment
      No. I thought that might overdo it. I bought a $2 lasagna pan from the grocery store and put the meat sauce in the pan and smoked it for about 45 mins or so while I prepared the rest inside. I brought it back inside and just poured the sauce back into another container so I could measure it out evenly for each layer.

The smoke was really just in the background. If you wanted a meatier lasagna I bet you could smoke the sausage or meat instead of the sauce and it would probably have the same effect. It was just easy enough to cook the sausage, veggies, and tomato sauce the day before in a dutch oven and then throw it on the smoker while it was preheating.

By the way, if your wife is watching her waistline, try replacing the noodles with 1/8" slices of zucchini. Texturally you really can't tell much difference, it saves a lot of points/calories, and it's delicious. Just salt the slices an hour ahead and lay them on paper towels to sweat out the excess water and they will be delicious. no boiling required either!

Comment

• josht138
      josht138 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the suggestion!

Hi Everyone! I know best lasagna recipes. Check it here - https://club.cooking/recipe-category/lasagna/
    Homemade Lasagna, Vegetable, Mushroom,Cabbage, Turkey, Meat and Healthy Lasagna
    You will like it! Enjoy
    Attached Files

Comment

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome to The Pit.

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Those lasagna recipes look delish. That greek version is really special. Thanks for sharing. I didn't get time to look through all of them yet, but want to find a good "lactose friendly" version so I can share it with my wife.
      I saved your link to my OneNote recipe file.
      Thanks again and welcome to the Pit!

Welcome booo44 great ideas you have.

Comment

• mountainsmoker
      mountainsmoker commented
      Editing a comment
      Hope you become a full fledged member.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here