Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most memorable meal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokin fool
    replied
    Our mothers must be long lost sisters.
    My best, the Lambton Tavern, an example of a way simpler time, an old since closed Men's room in west Toronto.
    Iced cold draft beer and bottles, no liquor served.
    They was a small kitchenette that served to most outstanding meals off a gas fired griddle and a fire risk deep fryer.
    The food this man served up was exceptional, burgers, dogs, cabbage rolls, huge corned beef and pastrami sammies.
    A hot pepper steak with fries that was to die for.
    ....I'm so hungry right now....to be 21 again just for one of his meals!!!!

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    started a topic Most memorable meal

Most memorable meal

Cooked by you, a loved one or a restaurant/steak house/smoke house/taco cart/food truck/whatever!

By me: haven't made it yet

Loved one: Mom's Bandito tostadas on fried flour tortillas. Dad always said, "the best thing your mom makes for dinner is Reservations."

Restaurant: Mr. J's bacon avocado cheese burger. This is the first place I ever ate a bacon avo cheeseburger back in the 1970s in Long Beach on the corner of Ximeno and Anaheim. It's my opinion that they invented it but you know how opinions go. There was an old-school walk-up and drive-thru McDonalds a few doors down and across the street from Mr. J's but it never had a line like J's. Just a basic non-chain burger joint and it was delicious. it closed in the early 1990s when the land sold and it is now a church parking parking lot (God Bless Mr. J's!).

End matter: The old McDonald's location on Anaheim across from Mr. J's became a Tommy's Burger's when a new McDonalds was built down the street. Tommy's has excellent, greasy fast-food chili that should be enjoyed in chili cheese burger or chili cheese fry form. It will kill your belly for days to come but you will very much enjoy this meal going down.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here