Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Meat Syndrome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clark
    commented on 's reply
    DogFaced PonySoldier I am like you...thought I had a lifetime supply (I'm old) until this last year. Now I am very stingy with ammo when I go shooting. Takes the fun out of it. I do have a semi-reliable source but that is getting iffy.

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Same here. This is where wet aging really becomes a convenience for me. Now the clock is ticking for me to use some frozen stuff in the next 30 days or so to make room for a brisket in the freezer. lol
    Last edited by Steve R.; March 12, 2021, 03:16 PM.

• Willy
    replied
    I suffer from a similar affliction, although I don't have a problem using items that are already in my freezer. I DO have a problem with turning down "sales" and "screaming deals". My freezers are so stuffed that I probably couldn't fit an ice cube in the spare space.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    I am powerless over people places and all things BBQ. One Day at a Time.
    About a year and a half ago we had the family over for a BBQ and I told them my freezer was full and they could help themselves. Damn near cleaned me out! Talked to one of the sons the other day and he asked if the freezer was full again and to free free to get another prime rib so he could take it off my hands. Geeze!

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    commented on 's reply
    Choice. For some reason, the "regular" price is always $6.99, but there is never much on hand, and then they put a bunch out and mark it way down. I usually buy CAB elsewhere for around $3.50/lb.

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    commented on 's reply
    I'm pretty stocked up, not for the LONG haul, but I'm also not shooting much these days, just to conserve until the shortage dries up or the bottom falls out.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Until it needs re-winding (or if it's quartz until the battery dies)

• Clark
    commented on 's reply
    Troutman How long do you smoke a watch?

• Clark
    commented on 's reply
    DogFaced PonySoldier Agree, now if we could just find more ammo.

• Clark
    commented on 's reply
    BBQPhil Have it connected to natural gas (most reliable) or LP.

• Troutman
    replied
    Yea I somehow missed this post too. It's a good one that strikes home for a lot of us I'm sure. I actually got to the point of getting a third freezer until my better half sat me down and we had an intervention. I must admit my addiction has gotten under a degree of control, both freezers are only 2/3rds full as we speak. I intentionally steer clear of the meat counter at the grocery store, my butcher has forgotten my name and Costco....forget about it.

However being the OCD addict that I am, something had to replace the meat buyer's cravings so I turned instead to watches. I don't want to go into how large my collection has bloomed into, I now hide them from my wife so I don't hear "Is that ANOTHER new watch?".

Someone please help me......

(BTW, anyone like watches ??? )

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    $1.99/# is what they sell select for here. At $6.99/# you get American Wagyu. What grade was that brisket?

• DogFaced PonySoldier
    replied
    This sounds like the BBQ man's equivalent of BRD - Black Rifle Disease. I suffer from both, unfortunately. I'm well stocked up on both at the moment.

<edit> Of course, that doesn't mean I'm not looking for room to place more, in both the freezer OR the safes!

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    Well, it's happening again. On my latest detour through the Kroger meat section today, I saw a bunch of those $1.99/lb briskets again, almost a year later to the day. Of course I needed one. Plenty more where this one came from, but my freezers are crammed full.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210311_212052.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	1002593

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    Aaaand D’Artagnan has a 30% off sale on American Wagyu ground beef, plus free shipping on over $150. 20 lbs of American Wagyu, on its way. At least it’s getting delivered Tuesday, so I can burn the box before Mrs Mosca gets home from work.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here