Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Meat Syndrome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    So Mosca, it’s only ...............every thing eh?

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    Yep. For me, it’s not so much the hardware. It’s the consumables. The proteins, yes, but also the charcoal, lump, wood chunks and chips, gas, basic ingredients for sauces and rubs, cans of tomatoes and cartons of broths, jars of demiglaces, etc.

• bardsleyque
    commented on 's reply
    can't have too many shorts...

• grantgallagher
    replied
    Yup. I have a pretty well defined pattern at this point. Freezer is getting low leads to buying stuff that gets cooked often. Then its freezer has some space and this is on sale so let me grab it. Rinse and repeat and before you know it i have a freezer full of "ooh, this is interesting". Take stock of whats been in and out of there and swear ill find a way of being more efficient with purchases and then a couple of months later im back into the freezer has some space so let me grab this because its on sale.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Mosca, back in October 2014 did ya ever think it would get this bad. It’s like bein a junkie! We joined Amazing Wibs and ended up gettin The BBQ Jones! Ya never have enough, never, of any thing! Cookers-check, utensils-check, fuel - charcoal (no not one or three bags like normal people, it’s ten or thirty) gas - multiple as in 3 or 4 tanks, wood - can you say truckload, pellets by the flat-check, attire - multiple aprons or shorts like Panhead wears-check, there is never enough of anything that we can’t go off the deep end with. I am starting to shake & quiver as I write about this. There is a solution...........

Leave a comment:

• Mark V
    replied
    I fill up whatever freezer I have. A sale does not go by without me.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    YUP!!

Leave a comment:

• rickgregory
    commented on 's reply
    You guys slay me... carry on

• theroc
    commented on 's reply
    Next thing you'll know is that we'll have MPS - More Power Syndrome.....

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    Just how I self justified a 30KW whole house generator with a dedicated 1000 gallon buried propane tank. Rationalize is great. 🙂

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    Generator. We have to have one because we have electric heat.

• rickgregory
    replied
    BTW Mosca, I can scare you out of this habit...

You have a nice full freezer. Wagyu beef, pastured pork and chicken...

The power goes out. For several days.

It's early August.

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I too have a problem. Someone please save me!

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah. I make sure they get delivered when I’m here and she’s not. Then I burn the box in the fireplace.

• Clark
    replied
    You just hit a nerve with me. I have been telling my wife that we should eat up what we have in the freezers and not buy any meat when we are at the grocery.

However, today I just ordered a bunch of steaks online. Now I feel bad about it and she doesn't know it yet.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here