Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uncannily accurate food dish names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncannily accurate food dish names

So I was perusing Olive Garden's website and most of their dishes have evocative, or at least quasi-evocative names like Chicken Margarita, Seafood Alfredo, Lasagna Classico, etc. It is the name of the dish, of course, but doesn't immediately or directly tell you what is in the dish.

Then I came across this one:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 2.44.18 PM.png
Views:	178
Size:	307.4 KB
ID:	979605
    No fluffy or evocative name there, just straight-on honesty in all its cheesy-glory!

Too funny. Nice analysis. I'm currently enjoying a "Bowl filled with mash potatoes, cheese, corn, gravy and fried chicken" from KFC.

Comment

Definitely a Friday afternoon naming job!!

Comment

Little is lost in translation in envisionin $#¡+ on a shingle...

Click image for larger version

Name:	SOS 001.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	979637

Truth In Advertisin lol

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          This ^^^ is a effakin Glorious Rendition of what SOS can be, vs most that I've had 'issued' to me, fwiw...

I mean, look!!!: it has colour(s), an, (presumably), flavour(s)...

Both would be rather Novel uogrades, imce...
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; January 24, 2021, 08:53 PM. Reason: o

• USMCCrashCrew89
          USMCCrashCrew89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones this reminds me of my first dinner at MCRD. It was red beans and rice, which strictly speaking, I guess that’s what it was. Being 110 lbs soaking wet at the time, I got a BOUNTIFUL scoop and the DI took one look and said "Recruit, you are going to eat every bite of that". Needless to say it was 10 years before I could stomach eating Red Beans and Rice (properly prepared) again.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here