Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leftover Binge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leftover Binge

Did not see a channel that fit so here it is. Mods move if you choose to.

I have not cooked much this week. Well, not at all. I decided to purge the freezers (fridge & basement) of "leftovers". This stuff accumulates. So far, Eye Round, Top Round, Briskett. Friday will be buffalo wings done on vortex. Saturday I found about 1/2 rack of ribs. Going to do the McRib recipe. However no rolls so time to bake.

Ha! I have been doing the same thing. You’re right it builds up and you don’t have a clue. Then boom, you need to have a week or more of leftovers. But that’s not a bad thing!

Comment

Love left overs. With the wife and I being empty nesters we have not changed cooking habits. We cook as we always did then vac pack and freeze. I believe we could eat for weeks out of the freezers.

Comment

Ditto. Been on a tear recently and freezer is getting full so been whittling it away. Last night was Thai grilled steak using a NY strip I tucked away in the freezer.

next on my list is some sous turkey wings I cooked over thanksgiving and never got around to eating. Not sure what I’ll do with them. Maybe a pot pie or shepherds pie. Maybe just fry them up for turkey buffalo wings. Got some thinking to do.

Still got about another week of freezer meals before I can start restocking.

Comment

Our youngest just left home and we are only just getting acclimatised to shopping and cooking for two. Plenty of freezer meals cuts down on shopping and challenges the cook to improvise, I like!!!

Comment

Living on the Central Florida east coast, it's imperative to have a full freezer. You never know when you may be days or even weeks without power.

Comment

Leftovers are great and cuts back on the grocery bill. That stuff is way too expensive to throw away!

Comment

Way to go! I feel inspired.

Comment

Misc. Or General Food Discussion is where something like this would go. Off Topic is for anything off the topic of food, cooking or cookers.

Comment

The chest freezer is with the ex at the house and I go by there and shop out of it. Fortunately we are on good terms.

after over two months out I think I am down to veal (for my home
                    made brats), a butt, stocks, various fats, some Wagyu patties and likely a few other things.

im working on it. I too need to learn to scale it back.

Comment

This reminds me. I have half a pig coming soon. Need to clear out the freezer. Thanks.

Comment

Looking in my freezer reminds me to write dates and even contents on every package.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here