Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WokMon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WokMon

Anyone use this product? Any thoughts?

Saw it on Kenji's site:

Originally there was a delay in production but it seems like they are on top of things now.

That’s interesting, almost like cooking on a chimney with that flame!

I did try my burner without the diffuser, well, I tried lighting it without which I realize now won’t work. But I have not tried to light then remove the diffuser to see if that puts the flame going straight up. I saw that on Kenji’s site somewhere, I think. Next time I use the cook top, I’m going to see if that works or if the there’s a safety shut off to kill it once it’s removed.

Let us know if you end up with this add-on for the wok.

Comment

• barelfly
      barelfly commented
      Editing a comment
      And I just tried lighting the burner then pulling the diffuser off and it went out like I thought it would.

• Old Glory
      Old Glory commented
      Editing a comment
      I saw that video on Kenji's site as well. I tried it. Mine lights only if the wok is over the flame. If I remove it the flame goes out.

I made one out of a small metal bowl. Cut the bottom off with tin snips and drilled holes near the bottom. It works awesome. I bet the real product works super well.

Comment

Saw this years ago and never heard since. Thanks for the update.

given my kitchen vent is insufficient for anything I think I’ll keep the serious wok stuff outside.

Comment

• Bkhuna
      Bkhuna commented
      Editing a comment
      I was thinking the very same thing.

Interesting, but I am still trying to learn to BBQ/smoke with my pellet grill.

Comment

Invested in a iwatani 35FW butane portable burner back in 2016. When I wok on it can't even use the highest setting because it is way too hot. It's also good for doing Korean BBQ. Use it along with all my grills when cooking my sides. It is also good to take camping. Best thing ever.
      Last edited by Sharhamm; February 23, 2021, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here