Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Double Smoke Attempt Tender Loin and Ham

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Smoke Attempt Tender Loin and Ham

I did good on Christmas dinner last year so this year I'm going to give it another go. I'm mixing things up slightly though. I'm going to do another ham (4 lbs) and this year I'm adding a beef tenderloin (7 lbs).

I'd like to do them both in my 18.5" WSM but I'm a little lost on the time and technique. My thought is to smoke at 225, putting the ham on the top rack and the tender loin on the bottom and start them at the same time. Loins being what they are, I was going to tie it to where I need to to give it an even cook.

The plan is to cut the string on the tender loin and finish it off on my 22" Performer Deluxe to get that nice crust around the outside.

Two questions (for now):
    • You all think I'll be good at starting them at the same time? (My thought is having the large chunk of meat on the top rack where it's a little hotter would be better.)
    • What wood should I use? Off the top of my head I have oak, pecan, maple, hickory, cherry, and apple. I feel like I'm forgetting one but the wood is up in my garage and I'm not going out there right now. 😆

I don’t know why I didn’t think of going to the free site to figure this out, https://amazingribs.com/tested-recip...rloin-spiedies 🤦🏼‍♂️

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here