Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why I love this week of the year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why I love this week of the year

H-E-B puts whole USDA prime rib roasts on sale. I had them slice up this 21 pound specimen into 2” steaks. They are either 9.99 or 13.99/lb. That’s prime folks! Click image for larger version

Name:	B585F13C-BD4A-4EFD-92E3-B8F9757A3981.jpeg
Views:	143
Size:	201.2 KB
ID:	958521Click image for larger version

Name:	459F5388-A6EA-43EF-9AB1-C2098E0EFCE8.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	958520
    Click image for larger version

Name:	C6396506-80DF-4BBC-B4EB-EA6E0C34A1DC.jpeg
Views:	166
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	958519

I bought the 13.99 prime over the CAB

Comment

Wow that’s awesome. I never see that kind of thing in my area. ☹️

Comment

Not up here, just got back from The Metro grocery store up the street, no meat on sale.
        No beef, no pork.
        Lamb was marked down a bit but no one else in the house will eat it.

Comment

• HawkerXP
          HawkerXP commented
          Editing a comment
          I have a leg todo today. Hmmmm

I shopped today too. I did see boneless choice grade rib roast on sale for $6.99 per pound. Not a speck of marbling in a one of them. They’re still there.....
        But I did get a bone in half ham for 77 cents per pound. That will be going int the Recteq for a Malcom Reed double smoked ham dinner Christmas day.
        Last edited by Jfrosty27; December 18, 2020, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Ouch!!!

Jus when I was a thinkin that I couldn't git any more kinda Long, Lonesome, Homesick fer bein back Down Home in TX, ya come an do alla this...

;/.;/.;/.;/.;/.;/.;/.;/../;; <---- cat on keyboard lol!

Dang, I needs to git back down home, soon, like... :
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; December 19, 2020, 12:08 PM.

Comment

We keep waiting for HEB to arrive in Dallas. Every now and then there is a rumor but no HEB.

Comment

Those a beautiful lookin' hunks o' beef. For all that we love our HEB they dominate our market area so we don't get quite the same pricing as you folks in "the big cities". Add 2 buck per pound to each of those offerings for we folks in the podunk villages. That said, they are a class operation and we're glad to have 'em.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here