Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This weekend’s brisket cook will be... problematic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weekend’s brisket cook will be... problematic.

I’ve cooked in colder, and I’ve cooked while it’s snowing. But I don’t like having to mush through 15” of drifted snow to get to the cooker. And the deck is icy under it all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0807BA93-0A9F-4B9C-B1E7-8F2E61481CF9.jpeg
Views:	417
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	957670

I figured that fancy deck you built would have automatic de-icers and stuff

Comment

Get out your old football cleats, pads and helmet.....all we got was a dusting last night,
      Suns out today for a change and its mostly melted.

Comment

So far, the location I live in, La Crosse Wisconsin, we are still snow free, I hope it stays that way for another month, or 4.
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 17, 2020, 09:01 PM.

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I second that morion from the Milwaukee area!!

Seems like a good job for one of those weed burners and a propane tank, to deice your path across the deck! Just stop before you set the deck on fire!

This is why in bad weather or winter, I move at least my Performer up under the pavilion, to be out of rain (or snow). I have to walk across about 10 feet uncovered to get to the pavilion and out of the rain. Right now the giant Camp Chef FTG900 is in that spot.

Anyway to move the grill cart over close to the house, to reduce the amount of snow to slog back and forth through? I know you have to do it at least once, to get it moved...

Comment

my dogs would be in heaven! Hopefully we get that much snow over a weekend this year, it's been a few years since there was anything worth shoveling.

Comment

Change "problematic" to "manageable challenge"
            you don’t want that brisket to miss its prime opportunity to please
            My Girl Shirley is under a foot of the same and I’m almost there 😂🤣😂👍👍👍

Comment

I don’t see the problem. Hahahahaha. That is a great photo.

Comment

It's snow free here in central Texas! In fact it's 61F. I had to swat a fly a few minutes ago. I remember what real winter was like, I've only been here a bit over two years. I'm not tough enough to live where you do now. I hope everything works out well.

Comment

Look on the bright side, with all that thermal mass in the BGE, once you get it started - no snow, no sleet, no rain will keep it from it's appointed duty!

Comment

No excuses. BBQ like a champion.

Comment

This is another absolutely spectacular piece of meat. I doubt I trimmed 5 lbs from it, including the brown parts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	4C973FFD-F0B1-41F3-A01F-F6140EBD2706.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	957971Click image for larger version

Name:	D991125C-C3B5-410D-9629-6A0710D85743.jpeg
Views:	242
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	957972Click image for larger version

Name:	2AD5400E-2E45-49BD-8019-FFDCB34E8BD2.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	957973

Comment

Well at least it will be worth tracking across the deck for that hunk of deliciousness!

Comment

I love living in San Diego....just saying

Comment

We had 15 inches with this storm. Used my snowblower more today than I have in the last 3 years combined. I did shovel off the deck for the gasser and the area around my grills and smoker and do plan to smoke or grill something this weekend. This year I didn't put anything away for the season, I set up an area under my deck with a table and chairs and my pellet grill. I have shelter, I have furniture, I have a cooker and I will have plenty of Bourbon for the winter.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here