Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s Your Favorite Frozen Food, Meals Or Sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since I drink my bourbon straight, I'd have to go with Ice Cream over ice cubes. After that, we do use a fair amount of the Schwans, Birds Eye, and Green Giant steamer veggies and always keep frozen dinner rolls or biscuits around to be ready in a few minutes. Schwan's makes a couple frozen pasta dinners like a bowtie chicken and spinach in alfredo sauce that's actually a pretty decent dish as well as a Ziti one...I mean you have to buy something else besides ice cream when ordering from them, right?

Comment

That would have to be a Frozen Margarita. Hey I have seen other meals made in a blender

Comment

Stouffer's Lasagna. It Ain't no real lasagna but some sour cream and black olives make it worthwhile. Only the plain too, none of the "fancy" Stouffer's

Comment

• FishTalesNC
          FishTalesNC commented
          Editing a comment
          Right there with you, down to the "plain" ones... dunno why (maybe since I'm not a big fan of ricotta), but I LOVE those things. Haven't tried adding anything other than some spices, and I like to overcook them just a bit so the corners get real brown. I'd cook them back in my bachelor days and spend an entire weekend taking one down. Luckily, my kiddo loves them too (wife not so much)!

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          mcook2201 FishTalesNC Well I just tried y’all’s recommendation today on the Stouffer’s Lasagna and just finished some. It WAS pretty darn good! And I didn’t even add anything to it. I just finished the medium size, plain, and was impressed. It’ll definitely be going into my rotation. Thanks
          Last edited by Panhead John; November 30, 2020, 07:21 PM.

My MIL would get on my wife every Thanksgiving about her making homemade mashed potatoes. I don't know why you bother, she'd say, the Bob Evans mashed potatoes in the refrigerated section of the grocery store are great and they're so easy! I finally got some BOGO at Publix a few months back and...they're pretty damn good! Made their big debut at Thanksgiving this year...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          We like these too. Great for just the two of us. I used them on T Day on fact.

I was thinking "ice", just add vodka and maybe there’s some vac packed pulled pork in there somewhere?

Comment

I know they are some of the most processed things you can put in your body but for lunch at work I’ve been know to heat up Banquet Backyard BBQ Boneless Patties or Banquet Salisbury Steaks & Brown Gravy and eat them with a few slices of plain Wonder bread.

Comment

• gabulldog
            gabulldog commented
            Editing a comment
            Those Banquet meals always take me back to my college years when sodium and saturated fat intake was not even on my radar yet!

Costco gluten free frozen pizza. Think of it as a blank canvas. Pepperoni, mushrooms, leftover BBQ meat? Its all good. Add a little of your own chesses for extra fun! I've even done these on my...............Weber kettle!

They also have a cauliflower crust one. Pretty goodish.

Comment

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey! I've lost weight this year!

My vacuum sealed SLC ribs. I cook up 4-6 racks late in the year, eat some, freeze the rest in vacuum sealed bag to enjoy when the snow is flying around in January/February and it's too damn cold to smoke outside.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here