Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traeger's Recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traeger's Recipes

Anyone else find Traeger's recipes on their app and website to be unreliable? I've used a handful and really have only liked the brisket one I tried. A week or so ago I tried a smoked salmon recipe that was inedible due to oversalting.

Welcome to The Pit Damion. I don't have a pellet pooper, so I have not tried their recipes.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Never tried any of their recipes and I do have a pellet smoker. I would just ask here in The Pit since I’ve seen some outstanding salmon posted here.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. Don't have a Trager but there are plenty of recipes here.

Comment

Welcome from WI. Yes I have tried their recipes. Basically the same results. I use a Recteq but pellet grill recipes should be the same no matter what cooker you use. I now stay away from them.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome aboard from Virginia Beach. Sorry I do not have a pellet grill yet, nor have I tried any of Traeger's recipes.

Comment

IMHO -- recipes are only a guide or suggestion not to be followed blindly. BBQing is an art. Traeger recipes also have reviews, some good and others not so much.

Comment

I only use their recipes as a guide for time and temp.

Comment

Sometimes I think Traeger is just throwing out variations of old recipes merely to have something to say to owners/prospective owners. When they don't have anything new to show, they need something to make you remember them.

Take them as ideas for your own variation and go from there. Be sure and keep a log on each of your cooks so you can remember what you did right on the good ones.

Comment

Welcome from NE Florida!

Comment

I’ve tried a few of their recipes and had mixed results as well. Also have tried a couple of their sauces and not been impressed. A lot of their recipes seem focused on selling you a rub, sauce or accessory they sell.

Comment

• DamionMartin
                          DamionMartin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Agreed. I tried using their wild game rub and 'Que sauce...haven't tried a second time.

Welcome to the pit from the Chicago area. By first using and studying the methods here on AR, you will be able to tell if many recipes elsewhere are a hunk of baloney or not. I have found many recipes in proprietary booklets (even Weber's) to be completely untenable.

There's an article here on the free side titled, "The Science of Salt." It is a major help.

So you came to the right place. Look forward to seeing some of your future cooks.
                        Last edited by troymeister; October 25, 2020, 10:32 AM.

Comment

• DamionMartin
                          DamionMartin commented
                          Editing a comment
                          We love Chicago! Thanks for the article recommendation.

Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts. I don't like their recipes due to the salt content. I have a pellet grill and blend my own rub to my taste. You can use recipes from anyone not just from traeger.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyman53 View Post
                          Welcome to the pit from the bbq capital of New England, Massachusetts. I don't like their recipes due to the salt content. I have a pellet grill and blend my own rub to my taste. You can use recipes from anyone not just from traeger.
                          True...that's what landed me here. We were getting our house appraised and the appraiser was a BBQ fan. Gave us a good appraisal and pointed me to this site!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here