Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paqui One Chip Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireMan
    replied
    WHY? 🤔

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Yup, cleaned up after a few of those in my ER days.

• ssandy_561
    replied
    Me and my friends have done the Hot Ones hot wing challenge for the past 3 years. We’ve had hot sauces up to 1.5 million scoville. It’s not pleasant.

I would never just do it on my own but drinking beer with 20 or so of your friends around doing it with you for some reason makes it all right.

My thoughts are being stupid by yourself is stupid. Being stupid with a bunch of people you know is fun.

😆

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    We always kept a bottle of Dave's Insanity Sauce at the fire station for just such an emergency.

• Steve R.
    replied
    I think I would pass on this. But if you do it, we're gonna need to see video.

Leave a comment:

• shify
    replied
    I did last years chip challenge. It was hot as hell and not terribly tasty. After around 10 min the heat subsides. I didn’t have to eat ice cream or drink milk or anything like that (did it with a friend and my brother) but it was still crazy hot.

just make sure you eat before you take it. I had a big bowl of white rice and was generally fine outside of a small instance of piercing stomach pain that lasted a min or two a few hrs later. Have heard that part is worse if you don’t eat first

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    I don't eat food because it's hot, I eat food because it tastes good. Bit I don't mind *some* heat if the heat source adds to the flavor. I'm passin' on this...

Leave a comment:

• mrteddyprincess
    replied
    I have, in fact, eaten this chip a few years ago. I was able to take the heat and swallow it, but the effects on the digestive tract were felt about 45 minutes after swallowing it, and I was occupied in the bathroom for about two hours as a systematic and painful evacuation took place. Prep for a colonoscopy is much more of a pleasurable experience. My advice is to pass on this challenge. :-) Find someone in your life who claims to love hot food and then offer it to him/her.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    Please film it! lol

Leave a comment:

• cgrover60
    replied
    Save it for your favorite "know it all".

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    replied
    My first action if I received such a gift from a son-in-law would be to remove him from my will.

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Pass!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mosca
    replied
    I love hot food. There is no way I would try that. I’ve seen and heard too many stories. The warnings are real.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    How big is that chip? A standard size tortilla chip?
    I've eaten some pretty insanely hot things in my life. Would be interesting to try. Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• Planner47
    replied
    fzxdoc be careful! take a look at this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n96ytiMvu-c

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not paid placements, they are a curated selection of reviewed products.

All of the products below have been tested and are highly recommended. Click here to read more about our review process.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

Many merchants pay us a small referral fee when you click our links and purchase from them. This has zero impact on the price you pay, but has a major impact on our ability to maintain and improve this site so please click our “buy now” buttons on product reviews!

The Pit Barrel Cooker May Be Too Easy

The PBC has a rabid cult following for good reason. It’s among the best bargains for a smoker in the world. This baby cooks circles around cheap offset smokers because temperature control is so much easier. Click here to read our detailed review and the raves from people who own them.

Amp Up Your Outdoor Cooking Game By Joining The Pitmaster Club

AmazingRibs.com Pitmaster Club
Now the largest membership-based BBQ and grilling community in the world, the Pitmaster Club is sure to step up your outdoor cooking game. Experience the countless benefits — from monthly giveaways, to free products, to exclusive content, and more– by signing up for a 30-day free trial below! Get a free 30-day trial here.

BBQ And Grilling Gifts For Every Occasion

Looking for the perfect gift for the BBQ and grilling enthusiasts in your life? Here’s our suggestion for platinum and gold medal-winning products at a variety of price points. Click here to see our list of Gold Medal Gifts.

The Good-One Is A Superb Grill And A Superb Smoker All In One

The Good-One Open Range is dramatically different from a traditional offset smoker, placing the heat source behind and under the smokebox instead of off to the side. Click here to read ourcomplete review.