Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When to freeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When to freeze?

I was going to cook 2 briskets 3 racks of St.Louie's and 4 yardbirds. As you may have heard the air here in western Wa.is a little thick.
    All the meat is prepped,am I better off vac sealing freeze raw or wait for good air,cooking,and then vac seal and freeze?
    (of course I could just leave it on the picnic table and let it cold smoke)
    Go Hawks!!!

I know the air is bad, but I don't know how bad. I've lived thru a couple fires in SoCal - most notably the Cedar was literally at my front door. I can't imagine wanting to go outside and smoke in bad air.

Are ashes falling by you yet? Is it snowing?

Comment

No ash and we can see shadows! Supposed to be clearing by Tuesday.

Comment

I'd freeze it all if the forecast doesn't look too promising.

Comment

yes sir, I m not BBQ/smoking any meat until the air clears here in the NW also. Smoke from the fires is not healthy to breath or eat. I would rather live to BBQ another day to two.

Comment

It should be OK by Tuesday but the question is whether you can smoke that day (if you work from home or not, basically).

My question is... was this for a party? That's a lot of food. Perhaps freeze some, smoke others.?

Comment

• bardsleyque
              bardsleyque commented
              Editing a comment
              Some of the brisket is for a postponed baby shower(customer),some of the ribs are owed to a fiend for helping me roof my pantry. The chicken were going to be used at a (social distanced) bday celebration.My smoker is pretty big so when I fire it up I like to have it fairly loaded.Smoke today (Monday) is still pretty thick so I think I'll get to freezing!

• rickgregory
              rickgregory commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, AQi of 238.... Not a good day to smoke :/

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here