Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time smoking in the rain!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smokin fool
    replied
    Get yourself an old golf or patio umbrella and a roll of duct tape
    cover your smoker and smoke on

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    AS long as it is not dumping out there, I have never really had a huge issue with rain and the PBC.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    commented on 's reply
    I'll add a corollary.....nothing kills the heat of a burning charcoal chimney than rain falling into it! Thankfully, rain did not kill the coals....and the PBC heated up nicely. I've got about 10 minutes left on these thighs to hit 175. The rain did stop, whew.

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    There is nothing that kills the temperature of a smoker like water hitting the sides of it.

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    replied
    Now you tell me....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-12 at 7.36.20 PM.png
Views:	279
Size:	471.7 KB
ID:	910143

Leave a comment:

• Michael_in_TX
    started a topic First time smoking in the rain!

First time smoking in the rain!

Ugh, I knew better. I should have checked the radar before I got started. Chicken was all prepped, stepped outside to light the chimney....partly cloudy grey skies.

Ten minutes into the chimney light, thunderstorm and a decent rate of rain! So, I took the lid off the PBC (splashing myself with the accumulated water), and dumped the coals in and (carefully) slapped on the grate.

Waited for the rain to die down just a bit and got the chicken on.

We'll see how this goes.....steady drizzle at the moment. At least I am using a PBC, for which I can be pretty confident of the temperature even without setting up my probes.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here