Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The pellet grill invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    I’ve never been there. People also seem to tell me about it though. In fact I can’t recall the last time I’ve been out of Newport Beach/Huntington beach city limits.its been a long while since I’ve even been to orange. Lived all over Santa Ana/orange/Tustin area for decades.
    Funny how that works.

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    Actually HouseHomey you are correct. It’s in Orange, on Batavia.

• JeffJ
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee I don't have a pellet cooker. I've just noticed that charcoal pickings are really slim of late and I am low.

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    +2 on that.
    I was in 4 big box stores on the weekend not a bag of briquettes or charcoal to be had.
    One was selling off Royal Oak hickory chips and lighter fluid at half price so I did grab a few of each.
    But 3 of 4 had shelves of pellets on hand.
    Not a knock on our pellet burning friends on this site but I was kinda miffed

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Those are good pellets.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    If you're a memebr of Sam's they usually have pallets of the twin 20lb packs of KBB. Hasn't been on sale at all this year though, sadly. Here's to hoping for a sale this weekend, last chance!

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    You're right, easier than a gas grill and everyone knows how to run a gas grill.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I too have been happy with Pit Boss brand. More dust in the bag than Grilla's, but I mail-ordered mine and figure they're just handled roughly, really a non-issue. I bought 160lbs early spring and I'm on my last bag. Will buy more. Thanks to you & Max for the recommendation.

• JeffJ
    replied
    Charcoal pickings around here are really slim right now. I had to pop into Home Depot today to get some light bulbs. All they had were 2 packs of Embers, which is crap charcoal IMO. They didn't even have KBB.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    I agree with SmokingPat that it does seem more of the big box stores are carrying more pellets, and less charcoal and wood chunks this year compared to prior years. Lowe's and Home Depot certainly have a much smaller section of charcoal than they did even last year. Maybe its just a shortage of some brands, but I also know they quit carrying some brands I liked (Weber for example).

I like the B&B wood chunks and charcoal that I bought at the local Academy, but last time I checked online, they were also out of a lot of stuff in the local store.

Leave a comment:

• Duckman_OK
    replied
    If you have an Academy near you, hit them up to look for B&B Pellets. From what I've heard, they're made by BBQ'ers Delight. I think CandySueQ has the info on that one.

I just burned through my 2nd bag of BBQ'ers and it really helpd to stabilize the temps on my Traeger. With PitBoss for some reason, my grill ran super hot.

I just picked up 2 bags of B&B. I was really suprised by the amount, and variety, of their pellets I found at Academy. The B8B pellets burned great and help constant temp too.,

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I like those pellets, they're pretty clean.

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    I think there’s one in Orange too.

• Jfrosty27
    replied
    I just go to my local Ace Hardware, 1.5 miles away, for wood chunks for cooking on my kettle. They have had a wide range available all season so far. And oh, BTW, I also have a pellet grill. 😉

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    I tell all my friends that don't have a clue on how to barbeque to get a pellet smoker. It's so easy. It's an adult Easy-Bake-Oven. Thanks Traeger.
    Last edited by TripleB; August 31, 2020, 09:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo