Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butcher Paper Problem - Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butcher Paper Problem - Please help!

Hey Folks, this is my first post here so please excuse if there is a better spot for my question. Here goes:

I use butcher paper for wrapping my brisket. Lately I've purchased not one, but two 36" rolls of 40lb. kraft (brown) paper from two different vendors and they disintegrate when I try to wrap the juicy brisket after the stall.
    The second roll I noticed was made from recycled paper. Is this the problem? Is "virgin" paper what I need to get???

Thanks in advance for your help. I look forward to being an active member of the BBQ community here!

-Jon

Your problem, if your description is correct, is using "regular" kraft paper. Butcher paper (the "pink" without the plastic coating of the white version) has additional treatment to better withstand moisture, even though the two are close cousins, they're not the same.
    Last edited by Uncle Bob; August 22, 2020, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Yes get the pink paper. Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta.

Comment

As Uncle Bob stated above regular kraft does not have properties to withstand the blood and moisture you face when cooking. If you read through the blogs here you can find out more about all types of restaurant, and FDA, grade papers: http://www.oren-intl.com/blog

Comment

I've never once wrapped, in my admittedly limited 50+ years makin BBQ, but I ain't again it.

To each, they own right???...

Not a judgement, decree, or admonishment upon my own part...simply, my personal preference...ain't broke, etc., aight?

Them paper bags ya git from fast food, grocery, them there are Kraft Paper, an fall apart if'n ya even look at em, too hard.

Butcher paper is yet another thing

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. You need to make sure whatever you use is food grade. No tellin' what's in anything else...

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                Oh, sure, NOW ya tell me this???
                Shucks... I'm Doomed...

I buy Pink Butcher paper on Amazon, paper intended for BBQ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here