Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What to smoke...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to smoke...

I am ashamed to admit that life has been way too busy the last couple of months for anything other than a few quick smokes (mostly trout for the wife)..., BUT this Sunday.. awww Sunday, is looking like a day of days for R&R and a day by the smoker...Forecast is for perfect sitting by the smoker (upper 70's and mostly sunny), feet up, some frosty's, and with no obligations... I brisket or ribs in the freezer, but else might be is the question.. IF you had a day for R&R, what would be on your smoker this weekend..

Wibs are fairly fast (on the PBC) so I'd do the brisket. Start early, get it going, take a nap, make some breakfast with bloody marys, another nap, lunch with a couple of lighter beers and work your way up from there. Enjoy! Don't forget to take us with you!!

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing to be ashamed about either. Life happens. Recover and carry on!

• swartzster
      swartzster commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds like the ideal day

I second the thought of either. I guess do you want pork or beef? Otherwise, smoke on!! Enjoy my friend.

Comment

Both? I feel like the answer is both.

Put them on early - eat the ribs for lunch and the brisket for supper

Comment

Ribs. Because it’s easy. 5-6 hours. Brisket??? Depending on smoker keeps you up at night, so you can’t relax as much then you get tired. And, if it’s a relaxing day, I’d be into my bourbon the night before

so, ribs. Or a tri tip, which is even easier!

Comment

Ribs this weekend, did brisket and pork butt last weekend.
          ....and that relaxing bourbon idea is gathering steam here....

Comment

Definitely brisket

Comment

This weekend is an experiment weekend. I have a plan to make home made smoked peanut butter cookies 100% from scratch, which will require a multi day cook... plus there's a few extra twists. Weather pending I plan to photo the whole recipe and success or failure share it somewhere on here

Comment

Brisket and Ribs sound like a great way to go. One of my favorite combos actually. You get to eat the ribs halfway through the brisket cook.

Comment

• tstalafuse
                  tstalafuse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  On the now rare occasions that I do comp cooks, it is/was the chicken and ribs we didn't turn in.. by the time we got to brisket we were always pretty full so brisket was just for tasting...

It is beginning to look like it will be a pork butt for sandwiches with slaw, carnitas, and soft flour breakfast tacos with scrambled eggs.. Come on Sunday...

Comment

• fzxdoc
                  fzxdoc commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Perfect.

K.

Beef Short Ribs, "Brisket on the Bone". Got a plate smoking as I type.

Comment

• tstalafuse
                  tstalafuse commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You wouldn't believe how hard those are to find in southern Colorado... huge meat packing operations in Greeley, CO (northern CO), you would think some would find there way south..

I’m gonna piggy back off this thread because I have the same question. I’m a long time pellet grill guy and live by low and slow. I recently got a Yoder with the 2 piece diffuser and grill grates. That means going hot. Any ideas/advice?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here