Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cooking for a Crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ann-Marie in the backyard
    replied
    Make sure you have some kind of finger food, especially if there'll be kids in attendance. Maybe Thai chicken skewers with peanut sauce?

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    The last time I revealed my gender I got in BIG trouble...

If you go with two or more mains, make sure they are ones that you like for leftovers 'cause LA Pork Butt has it right. You need to cook more of each and you still might run out of one or two.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    The more variety you offer the more excess of each meat you need, since you don’t know who will choose what. I would do the beef and skip the ribs. If they are all adults 1/2 pound raw should cover it. If they are grade school children perhaps two children per half pound.

Leave a comment:

• ShibbyMcAwesome
    started a topic Cooking for a Crowd

Cooking for a Crowd

Hi All!
    Next week I will be cooking for our gender reveal party. There will be approximately 30-40 people attending throughout the day. Below are the mains I am considering. I have never cooked for more than 10 people and that was with only on main offering. I am just not sure how much I should be purchasing to satisfy the crowd. Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Pulled / Sliced Beef (Chuck)
    Ribs (not really sure which kind yet. Just going to see what the butcher has when I get there)
    I will probably do some kind of chicken dish. We have plenty of that in the freezer so I am not overly concerned.
    Last edited by ShibbyMcAwesome; July 26, 2020, 12:29 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here