Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again!

Click image for larger version

Name:	A1B1AD61-061A-40C0-80E3-71502A965B32.jpeg
Views:	182
Size:	324.7 KB
ID:	880141

Name:	DDAACAC7-2CCA-47DC-BFDF-C7DEF92E54DD.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	880142

Name:	4AB813FC-0CE4-4DD9-98C4-1CB36E540C21.jpeg
Views:	153
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	880143

Name:	90BF803A-3033-455E-BB87-B7E57F503A72.jpeg
Views:	158
Size:	243.4 KB
ID:	880144

Name:	D438110E-3C60-41A0-821A-17878B8F4A73.jpeg
Views:	154
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	880145

I haven’t posted for a while as I am battling a health issue. I am looking for some delicious Keto friendly recipes. My blood sugar has been out of control. I am having bariatric surgery in a few months, but until then, I have to be hyper-vigilant about what goes into my body. So, fire away. Here are some pics of the food I’ve been cooking lately.

I'm not sure about Keto, but I try to watch what I eat (other than just watching me put it into my mouth) and try to follow Paleo guidelines.

Check out this recipe for BBQ sauce. Its pretty good. I've also made the Paleo Ketchup before and it's great for sloppy Joes.
    https://www.mastercook.com/app/Recip...ipeId=16425521

Think about it now, I'm wondering how smoked Sloppy Joes would be....

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      They're Great, btw!!! (Smoked Sloppy Joes)
      Jus Sayin.

• SavageSmoke
      SavageSmoke commented
      Editing a comment
      Sloppy joes on deck!

Really nice to see ya, hope th health issues smooth out sooner rather than later fer ya.
    Really nice re-entrance, with gortgeous food pics fer us all to enjoy.
    I hope to see more of ya, day to day, from now on, an will keep ya in my thoughts, an prayers, amigo.
    Last edited by Mr. Bones; July 13, 2020, 02:34 PM. Reason: r not t in gorgeous

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Trick is, very small fire, we're jus smokin here, not so much cookin at this stage...we cook it later, after we smoke it up good an proper Lid on, to maximize smoke permeation into th foodstuff...Yer 'meatloaf idea has its merits, but ya asked me what I think, so here goes...th liquid will quite readily absorb/retain smoke even better than th grd beef, an that's what we wants, right? Quick smoke, max smoke flavour. I make 15 min burgers that taste like they been on a stickburner all afternoon

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Duckman_OK my ¢2, as per yer request, ^^^^^are above^^^^^, glad to elaborate, if ya wish, Brother...talk to me, I do this a LOT...yup, it's kinda a cheat, and I really don't share this technique elsewhere, but we's all Family, here!

• Duckman_OK
      Duckman_OK commented
      Editing a comment
      Mr. Bones I'll give it a shot next week and let you know how they turn out. After that, I'll check back with you for some pointers!

THANKS!!!

Glad you're back, hope the health things work themselves out. That food is looking pretty good!

Comment

Keto will work just fine fer ya. For openers, knock out the sugar. You have to watch very closely, it’s almost in everything, especially HFCS. The stuff is not digested & goes straight to the liver. Yer pulled pork looks great. Hope you did something about the sugar in the bbq sauce. If I make a sauce, I use stevia or monk fruit. There are a couple of other substitutes, but that’s what my wife likes the best, so it’s what I use. Her #s are crazy & we have to be extremely careful.
      Just by lookin, adjustmentsmwould have to be made not only in the bbq sauce, but baked beans & potato salad. Make the beans from scratch & sub the sugar. The P salad, the mayo has sugar. Again make it yourself, it’s easy, & eliminate the sugar. The buns probably have sugar in them also. It’s tough siftin through the wares at the store but I usually find a brand or two that doesn’t add sugar. Keepin in mind they are high carbs to begin with.

Comment

• Andrrr
        Andrrr commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. Potato, beans and buns gotta go. Cole slaw probably is a culprit too depending on what kind ya got. Wonder how the sugar free sauce was?

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
      Keto will work just fine fer ya. For openers, knock out the sugar. You have to watch very closely, it’s almost in everything, especially HFCS. The stuff is not digested & goes straight to the liver. Yer pulled pork looks great. Hope you did something about the sugar in the bbq sauce. If I make a sauce, I use stevia or monk fruit. There are a couple of other substitutes, but that’s what my wife likes the best, so it’s what I use. Her #s are crazy & we have to be extremely careful.
      Just by lookin, adjustmentsmwould have to be made not only in the bbq sauce, but baked beans & potato salad. Make the beans from scratch & sub the sugar. The P salad, the mayo has sugar. Again make it yourself, it’s easy, & eliminate the sugar. The buns probably have sugar in them also. It’s tough siftin through the wares at the store but I usually find a brand or two that doesn’t add sugar. Keepin in mind they are high carbs to begin with.
      Great advice. Thanks! That was a sugar free sauce I bought. The hard thing for me is remembering what may not have sugar listed as an ingredient can turn into pure sugar once ingested. I am trying hard, and this group will be a good support system

Comment

It looks like my favorite food.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here