Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butchering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butchering

Had the opportunity to acquire a couple
    of Prime whole Prime Ribs At $10.50/lb. Did a little butchering and now ready for the rest of summer.
    Attached Files

Wow! What a deal! Where's the beef? Your house!

Comment

NICE! When is dinner?

Comment

Something relaxing and exciting at the same time when breaking down primals into steaks roasts, exct

Comment

• Ahumadora
          Ahumadora commented
          Editing a comment
          Anticipation

Looks good, real good.
        I don’t have the right knives to do that properly, even the small chunk of brisket I’m smoking today I’d considered splits into the point and flat but I’d main it with knives I have

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          Mercer (or Victorinox or Dalton) Granton slicing knife and a Victorinox semi flexible boning knife. For about $40 you can do almost anything. I’ve taken down several strip and rib loins with them like Paul did. Also, the slicing knife is great for cooked food like Brisket too.

• Jfrosty27
          Jfrosty27 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got a Mercer slicing knife about 2 weeks ago. Work great. $31 on Amazon.

• KenC52
          KenC52 commented
          Editing a comment
          While I currently have more knives than anyone who doesn't own a restaurant or butcher shop should, for years I completely dressed and processed deer and hogs using just 2 knives, both with about 4 1/2 inch blades. Old Timer Sharp Fingers, the drop point and the skinner. Takes a little longer but it's amazing what you can do with a couple of small knives, IF you keep them super sharp.

Darn, KS is too far to drive to. Looks great. Enjoy.

Comment

Thanx boyz I’ll get my daughter to look on Amazon Prime up here for those brands
          May not use it all that much but nice to have in the arsenal

Comment

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Victorinox has two boning, one a little stiffer than the other. Attjack spotted a sale awhile back & got one for a ridiculous price. It’s also what the Meat the Butchers swear by.

• Sweaty Paul
            Sweaty Paul commented
            Editing a comment
            Never bad to have an extra knife.

Great deal and great lookin' steaks!

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

You were a busy guy. Lookin like some good stuff is about to happen.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here