Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the strangest thing you've smoked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the strangest thing you've smoked?

I asked this question during the last Happy Hour with Meathead and "Dr. BBQ". In the comments section I saw possums and pig anus. Can anyone top these? Share the strangest thing you've ever smoked! EXTRA LIKES FOR PICS!

John Rogers

I tell people here in RSA that I smoke tomatoes and I get the strangest looks. I know this don't count in your parts but I'm claiming it as strange for that reason.

Comment

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      holehogg You win so far! 🎈 Wait, I just saw the your up against pig anus. Not sure what to say next.
      Last edited by ofelles; July 4, 2020, 01:02 PM.

due to the statute of limitations I am not at liberty to say.

Comment

Soon to be salt pork. Currently desalinating. Thinking of making cracklins with the skin and smoke the rest to 165.

Comment

i bought some wacky grassy looking stuff in mexico once...

Comment

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Bought some in Haight in 1967 that a friend said he would like to get busted with just to find out what it was!

I didn’t personally smoke it, but had some zebra meat when I was overseas in Zambia. I’m not sure if it’s how it was prepared, but I wouldn’t recommend going out and shooting a painted horse to find out.

Comment

Corn silk. My cousin & meself were about eleven. Almost burnt our faces off cuz we were using note pad paper that we rolled.

Comment

• JCGrill
            JCGrill commented
            Editing a comment
            I may have tried this as well. Trying to remember where we got the idea, think I read it in a book.

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            Boy Scouts, 1970. I think my lungs are still recovering.

• DavidNorcross
            DavidNorcross commented
            Editing a comment
            I just laughed out loud...

I really like smoked sweet potatoes. I don't know if that's strange or not.

Comment

• TheQuietOne
            TheQuietOne commented
            Editing a comment
            I just give them a scrub with a vegetable brush and put them in with whatever I'm smoking. I take them off when I pinch them and they give. I eat them with just butter and salt. They're quite good, I think.

• Beefchop
            Beefchop commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. It was Meathead's Sriracha Smoked Sweet Potato recipe.

• TheQuietOne
            TheQuietOne commented
            Editing a comment
            If I had seen Meathead's recipe I never would have thought smoked sweet potatoes were strange.

I cain’t remember exactly what it was. But I do remember people telling me I was trying to swim in a Drainage thing along a Jersey shore street. 😱

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Bwahahaha

This one time I had this stuff, and next thing you know I saw elmer fudd playing a bongo in a loin cloth. That was pretty weird smoke.

Comment

Raccoon. And I was sober. At least when I started.

Comment

• Coconut Monkey
              Coconut Monkey commented
              Editing a comment
              How did the raccoon taste?

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Coconut Monkey , probably like chicken. 🤓

• klflowers
              klflowers commented
              Editing a comment
              Coconut Monkey, it had a mild livery taste. Not too bad, but I probably won’t do it again.

Cows tongue. Pressure cooked it then peeled the membrane off. Smoked for 2hours at 225. Made some really great sandwiches.

Comment

• JCGrill
              JCGrill commented
              Editing a comment
              FireMan iow, did it taste back?

• Dadof3Illinois
              Dadof3Illinois commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s actually really good. After it’s finished in the pressure cooker and peeled you shred the front half then smoke the thicker back section. I do these in the winter time when I can find one. The kids really like it...they just don’t know what their eating...ha

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              JCGrill Now that was damn funny!

Armadillo - I didn't actually smoke it, but the guys at our test range did. It was OK, but not likely on the menu at 5 star restaurants any time soon.

Comment

So there I was, standin' buck naked in the middle of the jungle, wondern' why the monkey was wearin' my pants.

Comment

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              They were mine.

As a Canadian, am I allowed to plead the 5th here?

Comment

• pkadare
              pkadare commented
              Editing a comment
              5th Amendment. You know, the one that basically allows you to say yes I did it but not to get in trouble for it. 😎👍👀

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              I would have to check with the McKenzie’s to see if they have amendments in the Great White North.

• aladdin4d
              aladdin4d commented
              Editing a comment
              Depends on what jurisdiction you would be charged in however local rules for this particular court state "If there's no pics it didn't happen"

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here