Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foil Pans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foil Pans

Hi all. I'm looking for heavy duty foil 1/2 and 2/3 steam table pans with lids for using in my smoker. Looking for something that holds up to the weight of meat plus fluids. Any suggestions on brands or where the best deals are? Thank you in advance.

You might try a Gordon Food Service store (open to the public) or Restaurant Depot.

Back when I had my offset, I used the enamel broiler pan bottom from the stove in the kitchen. Clean up was with EasyOff spray.

Comment

What about cheap foil pans on aluminum sheet pans?

Comment

• surfdog
        surfdog commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep. I never really trust a disposable pan to hold anything with some weight to it.
        I either use the stainless steel pans, and plan on cleaning...or aluminum liners, and still have a little cleaning. Or, if I don’t actually need the steam table, simply use the aluminum on sheet pans...

Regardless, I would never carry an aluminum pan/liner without some sort of bottom support. (SS pan or sheet pan)

I get cheap foil pans from Sam’s Club and use them single or double as needed. If no damage to the bottom pan when doubling, I can reuse it.

Comment

When there is some weight in a disposable pan, I put a cookie sheet under it to move it. The cookie sheet doesn't have sides, so it's fairly easy to slide under the pans.

Something like this, although it is not the exact one I have.
        Last edited by RonB; May 19, 2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cabin Cooker View Post
          Hi all. I'm looking for heavy duty foil 1/2 and 2/3 steam table pans with lids for using in my smoker. Looking for something that holds up to the weight of meat plus fluids. Any suggestions on brands or where the best deals are? Thank you in advance.
          I buy 1/2 and full steam table foil pans and lids for both sizes at Sam's Club all the time. Not sure if they have any other sizes, but the half pans are about $7 for 36 pans, about the same for 36 lids. Online they show that they also sell 1/3 size, but apparently you have to buy them 100 at a time online, versus 36 in the store.

The 1/2 size pans are sturdy enough to hold an 8 pound butt both before and after pulling.
          Last edited by jfmorris; May 20, 2020, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I buy the foil pans at Costco. They are pretty sturdy but if I am concerned about working with something heavy I just double them up as mentioned in a post above. Never lost a meal. 🤞

Comment

Local dollar store sells these aluminum pans
              inside a wire basket under the Betty Crocker
              banner
              They work well, I’ve cooked turkeys over 20 lbs and they’ve never failed on me
              Attached Files

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                It is clever and not even for cooking but also catering.
                Even a pasta or potato salad for a crowd is heavy and buckles a regular pan.
                These stand up to weight and I can live with $4.00 cost per pan.
                Also makes it easier to use with the handles, no wrestling a hot pan onto a pan to carry it in for carving.
                Last edited by smokin fool; May 20, 2020, 08:01 AM.

• Chriscooks
                Chriscooks commented
                Editing a comment
                I wish I could find pans like that. Sure they undoubtedly cost more, but I wash and reuse anyway.

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Chriscooks I found the at a Dollar store called Dollarama.
                I'm pretty sure its a Cdn chain only but I'd start with dollar stores or Google Betty Crockers website this can't be a north of the border thing only

Check out WebstaurantStore® (Official) - Get Restaurant Supplies Here

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here