Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catering company ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Catering company ideas

Tommorow I am smoking pastrami at the biggest catering company in Argentina. As you can imagine it is really hard times for them at the moment. They have 60 chefs sitting around playing tiddly winks pretty much. So they have started home delivery of ready to eat meals that clientes can put in the oven for 40mins to reheat. I told them to vacuum pack the meats and just drop the packet in hot water for 15 mins, but want it oven reheat only. Any ideas ?? Remember they need to make money ,so can do a 40 step complicated process, but are the high end of catering. Tomorrow I will post pics of the pastrami beef shanks I am doing for them.

Is steaming okay? With cold pastrami, I slice it Into thick slices and then steam. Takes maybe 5 min to heat thru. So ideally they could pre-slice and pack that way and instruct to steam for 5 min. Can also do it whole but that will take longer and the customer will have to slice it themselves.

if they are set on oven finishing, you can accomplish the same think by using a rimmed baking with a rack, add some hot water to the pan and put the pastrami on the rack and cover with tin foil.

Comment

• Ahumadora
      Ahumadora commented
      Editing a comment
      The pastrami is in a foil tray with the other food to reheat in the oven. I would love to do 2 bone smoked pork chops, but of course the customer is going to reheat it until it is way over done

Put the bag sealed bags in water with lid in them, and then in oven, lol.

Comment

Seen people send food in plastic trays with damp paper towels on top to microwave

Comment

Good luck on this one. Catering is a tough business. Had a friend in it and it wore him out. One the size your working with is amazing.

Comment

You cannot lose on vacuum packer meats. It will have the best favor, closest to original and keep clientele returning.

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            I tried telling him that, but he is hell bent on having it reheated in the oven. Maybe some pastrami lamb shanks in the future.

is he wanting individual meals reheated, or full subprimals.

Comment

• Ahumadora
            Ahumadora commented
            Editing a comment
            Individual meals. https://www.eatbox.com.ar/boxes/
            First thing he needs to do is get rid of that nasty old flash website and put something new.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            Individual meal catering is for the birds.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here