Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Compliment You Have Received For Your Cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Compliment You Have Received For Your Cook

Two weeks ago I cooked ribs using Meatheads competition recipe for my wife. She took a bite and said "there won't be any leftovers of this". That is about as good as it gets.

What is the best compliment you have received for your cooking?

"Good enough to serve to company."

Comment

In my entire life of cookin fer others, I think what I probly hold as among th Very Highest compliments was repeatedly gittin my arse chewed, after takin a (scheduled) day off, an findin out from my Boss that several folks had come by, asked if I was cookin, an then left when they found out nope, I wasn't...an I wasn't allowed no more days off lol... there's some satisfaction, there...

¿Casa De Los Huesos, como no?

Who'da ever guessed; a good cook can make, or break a food joint heehee...???

Comment

Is "This tastes like sh**" a compliment? I get that a lot.....

Comment

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Bein jus a Gen-You-Wine, Stump-Jumpin, RidgeRunnin, Six-toed Banjo-Pickin Muhzurrah Hillbilly, I ain't that familiar with alla them Social Graces kinda thangs...
          That bein said, I preciate yer question. I'd like to know th very same dang thang.
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 9, 2020, 10:22 PM.

• ComfortablyNumb
          ComfortablyNumb commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones Hopefully someone comes along with the answer. Usually they make it sound like a bad thing, and when I say, "I wouldn't know, never ate sh**, so I'll have to trust you have and know." Well, that's when it hits the fan, so to speak....

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Way Long back in 1990-91, while I was "vacationin" in th Kuwaiti Theatre of Operations, I wrote a song called The Fan...mebbe I'll share it here, sometime...it was circulated widely, last guesstimate I heared was 750,000 reprints
          Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 10, 2020, 03:20 PM.

It's when the vegetarians tell me they had to "try just this once"

Comment

My wife makes some amazing biscuits and recently she has gotten a couple "I am gluten intolerant but these are so good I can deal with the side effects" or "I usually eat keto but make an exception for these biscuits".

Comment

I do the majority of the cooking, and mostly cook for just the two of us. Usually if it's good the missus will say, "You can make this again." Recently the FIL told her, "Damn that guy can cook!" I usually consider being asked for the recipe a complement. Not sure if I rank any of these as the best I ever got, they all feel good.

Comment

The best part of cooking is serving others in my view. So any compliment I receive is always the best.

Comment

"I'm prepared to wait 2 hours if I must for my order" I think qualifies as a compliment.

Comment

Silence and empty plates !!!!
                  with a few moans and groans thrown in

Comment

My 8 year old son recently mentioned "Dad, Mom's kissing you WAY more since you made her pastrami"

Comment

My neighbor who has won numerous East coast BBQ competitions said my bacon is better than his 🙂.

Comment

Brought brisket to a work event and a one of the guys in the military said he’d been all over the US including Texas and he now has to tell his friends that the best brisket was from the mid-Atlantic.

Comment

"I can fix that."

Comment

"Company-worthy", my husband says when he thinks something is truly outstanding.

Kathryn

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here