Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IKEA Closed, Missing Their Köttbullar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IKEA Closed, Missing Their Köttbullar?

IKEA has made both their köttbullar and the accompanying cream sauce recipes available. While I like them, I'm not a huge fan, however, I know that a lot of folks are so here you go. I love that they included IKEA furniture assembly type instructions for them. :-) Full recipes follow the picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ikeameatballs.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	835572
    Ikea Meatballs at Home

Serves 4 (16-20 meatballs) Ingredients

For the meatballs
    • 500g beef mince
    • 250g pork mince
    • 1 onion, finely chopped
    • 1 clove of garlic (crushed or minced)
    • 100g breadcrumbs
    • 1 egg
    • 5 tablespoons of milk (whole milk)
    • Generous salt and pepper

For the cream sauce
    • Dash of oil
    • 40g butter
    • 40g plain flour
    • 150mL vegetable stock
    • 150mL beef stock
    • 150mL thick double cream
    • 2 teaspoons soy sauce
    • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
    Method

For the meatballs
    1. Combine beef and pork mince and mix thoroughly to break up any lumps. Add finely chopped onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, egg and mix. Add milk and season well with salt and pepper.
    2. Shape mixture into small, round balls. Place on a clean plate, cover and store in the fridge for 2 hours (to help them hold their shape whilst cooking).
    3. In a frying pan, heat oil on medium heat. When hot, gently add your meatballs and brown on all sides.
    4. When browned, add to an ovenproof dish and cover. Place in a hot oven (180°C or 160°C fan) and cook for a further 30 minutes.

For the Swedish cream sauce
    1. In frying pan, melt 40g of butter. Whisk in 40g of plain and continue cooking, stirring continuously, for 2 minutes, allowing the flour to cook through.
    2. Add 150ml of vegetable stock and 150ml of beef stock and continue to stir.
    3. Add 150ml thick double cream, 2 teaspoons of soy sauce and 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer and allow the sauce to thicken. Continue to stir.
    4. When ready to eat, serve with your favorite potatoes – either creamy mash or mini new boiled potatoes. Enjoy!

Sounds good...and the instructions are genius!

Comment

Thanks man! I am a fan and it's been years since I been to an Ikea.

Comment

Thanks for this, I made these awhile back using an Ikea clone recipe and another recipe - took the parts from each that I liked and used a beef/venison blend. I'll have to try the official version now.

Slightly different version here: https://www.ikea.com/ms/en_SG/pdf/re...creamsauce.pdf
        Last edited by 58limited; April 21, 2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here