Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your favorite dish made from leftovers of a different dish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hash from leftover smoked roast beef.

Comment

My go to with most leftover meat is quesadillas because it's super easy and my kids will eat them. But my favorite meal I've made with leftovers was this one:
      Not a surprise, my wife and I couldn't finish that 12 pound brisket I cooked Saturday, even with the help of our one-year-old son. So this Shepherd's Pie is the first use of the

Comment

Probably 1/3 of what I cook falls in this category. Lots of good options above. One of my favorites is fried rice. Take leftover rice and whatever leftover protein you have. I always keep some frozen mixed veggies in the freezer. Add a scrambled egg, some fish sauce and soy sauce, and you have dinner!

Comment

Hard to narrow this down but fried meatloaf sandwiches with leftover meatloaf or nachos with either brisket or pulled pork are hard to beat!

Comment

Almost anything as long as we don't have to eat it more than a few times. Lots of proteins make really good sandwiches & salads and some are good for omelets or pizza with peppers& onions. We just plan on eating leftovers after a big cook.

Comment

Left over mashed potatoes into potato pancakes.

Comment

Hash from almost if not all leftover meat.

Comment

I have two:

- Creole Sausage Soup made from Smoked Sausage, Red Beans and Rice. Add the leftovers to vegetable stock, stewed tomatoes and cabbage. Season appropriately or spice it up to hit Cajun levels.

- Asian Pacific Boston Lettuce Beef Wraps. Slice the beef thin and add to it to wraps with julienne carrot, sautéed red onion and jalapeños, with a hot briefly simmered fish sauce. Add toasted sesame seeds and a dash of sesame oil too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here