Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hand Sanitizer Highly Flammable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hand Sanitizer Highly Flammable

I had no idea hand sanitizer is and once near flame remains highly flammable. Multiple videos on the subject, all new to me. Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZzPG4Rc5tA. Be careful out there!!

It's way too precious to burn right now! I have been using this hack to light the occasional fire in my firepit or campsite for awhile now.

Comment

Yes, IPA is very flammable.

Comment

Camping or survival tip: you can use a small amount to help start fires too.

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh, yeah. I think somebody mentioned that awhile ago.

If you wanted to discard it, it would have to managed as a household hazardous waste. Can't be thrown in the trash.

Comment

• FireMan
          FireMan commented
          Editing a comment
          Great, that together with our light bulbs are necessary & hazardous.

Not sure why this would be surprising to anyone, to be effective against Covid-19 it needs to be at least 60% alcohol. :-)

Comment

Honestly I never thought about the flammability aspect, so much for my years of dangerous goods training,,,,
          My mother said she made some concoction out of alcohol, aloe and coconut oil.
          I told her to keep it away from the gas burners on her stove.

Comment

Don't sanitize after plopping your steaks on the grill and then immediately add a chunk of wood to the glowing red hot coals.

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yuh mean ya might catch fire whilst eatin?

What struck me was not its flammability (given its alcohol content) but rather its apparent inertness after being ignited. The latter leads to the potential Huskee moment.

Comment

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              "Huskee moment" Lol, there exist many of those...

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah Huskee , we know.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here