Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What should I do with this wrapping liquid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What should I do with this wrapping liquid?

This stuff is too good to throw out, I don't put any liquid in when I wrap so it is all meaty goodness. I got about 16oz yesterday and it is in the fridge ready to have the fat skimmed off. I want to make a sauce, or i've seen mention of frozen cubes to add to other dishes. What do you guys do with the stuff if anything?

.well, if it's from a brisket I would think you could freeze it after you skim it, then when you do your next brisket inject it into it.
    Just a thought.
    Jim

Comment

After I separate the fat from it I put it in a spray bottle and right before I put the meat in a FoodSaver bag to freeze I'll spray it with that goodness.

Comment

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        Pretty good idea, I need a bigger grill so I actually have leftovers.

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I also use it to spray on the meat when I reheat the next day. I put the meat in foil and spray it seal the foil and put in257-275 oven for 30 mins. It will taste just like it did when it came off the smoker.

You could add it to a KC sauce or a Western Carolina sauce and use the hybrid solely for beef dishes - like a customized BBQ sauce exclusively for beef.

Comment

I usually mix in a couple tablespoons of catsup and leave it at the table for individual saucing. The rest I defat and freeze for use like a rich stock.

Comment

Ok first it is from pork shoulders, second is i'm really perplexed now. I took the cup out of the fridge to scrape away the fat and the fat was pretty solid, like a half inch layer of hard butter. The rest isn't a liquid anymore though, if I didn't know what it was I would tell you grape jelly, it is that exact color and consistency. Is it supposed to be like that? The way people are mentioning to spray it or use it as a stock seems unlikely unless it will 'melt' when brought up in temp.

I can tell you this looks, smells, and tastes like the greatest thing ever for beans.

Comment

It will turn to liquid when you heat it...no sweat.

Comment

Taste it first. I might be too salty.

Comment

Thanks guys, just was not expecting jelly!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                  Jerod Broussard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Collagen, pure goodness.

I reduced it and then added vinegar. was way salty so added some bbq sauce to tame it.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here