Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Easter Dinner - Covid style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easter Dinner - Covid style

While I am sure this isn't even close to a low/slow or everyone's idea of a perfect Easter dinner.. However, our family's west Texas traditional Easter dinner is fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, yeast rolls, and something green (broccoli)... This year we just went Covid style with just the spouse and myself instead of the whole hog brothers/sister and children... So, what is your Easter tradition?...

Usually ham, sweet potatoes, deviled eggs, collard greens. No sweet potatoes or ham this year, so we have some beef ribs as a substitute. Maybe some potato salad.

Comment

• tstalafuse
      tstalafuse commented
      Editing a comment
      Forgot to mention the deviled eggs (my wife makes a mean deviled egg that would have made everyone drool)... And, while not a west Texas thing... we always had plenty of champagne to celebrate the importance of the day...

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      I just ate like 6 deviled eggs. I love those. No champagne though. Maybe next year.

Ham! then more ham!!

Comment

We normally host a crowd—double smoked glazed ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, sweet potatoes, etc. Not this year of course. Looks like it’s gonna be wings, sweet potato wedges, and a salad for the two of us. FaceTime with family.

Comment

Breakfast.. medisterpolse a danish onion sausage with poppy seed horns. Lunch deviled eggs. Dinner a ham with mashed potatoes horseradish carrots.

Comment

I traditionally do lamb. This year I'm making a prime rib since they were on sale last week at ShopRite. Barbara's mother, who lives just around the corner isn't allowed to join us since she's 85 and is exposed to Covid positive patients at work. So Barbara will walk a plate around to her later. She did drop in momentarily earlier and took a cinnamon roll to go.

Comment

Smoked ham and roast lamb, grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes. This year since no company due to the Chinese Bat Flu, we skipped the ham, and down sized to a small 3lb leg of lamb.
            Attached Files

Comment

• DiverDriver
              DiverDriver commented
              Editing a comment
              I love it..... Chinese bat flu!

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here