Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best way to use left over meat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    ... mmmmmmm .... green chicken! 😎

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Green chicken enchiladas. Yum.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    Yes! Any steak or pork chops we have left over usually ends up wrapped in a tortilla somehow.

• TechSmoker
    replied
    I like using leftover meat in enchiladas or burritos.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    I love making Meathead's Chili Con Carne. Its is amazing. I try to use brisket, but pulled pork, chuckies, chicken and whatever else works great in that recipe.

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    commented on 's reply
    Just got inserted at the top of the list

• Hugh
    replied
    Thanks all. I've got 15 ideas. I am going to have to BBQ more so I can try all these left over ideas.

Leave a comment:

• PBCDad
    commented on 's reply
    This. I made a really good green bean stir fry and added chicken at the end with a little more oyster sauce, my family ate it faster than any veggie dish I've seen. I used this recipe, very simple: https://kalynskitchen.com/recipe-for...en-beans-stir/

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    This is particularly good in warm weather, but we do this one all year round with left over chicken (dark meat is best, but breast works well too).
    Shred the chicken into bite size pieces and soak for a short while in a drizzle of Franks Hot Sauce (or your choice). Romaine lettuce torn to edible size. Chop celery, carrot, avocado, tomato, others that you might like. But the real kicker is small chunks of Honeycrisp apple. Toss with blue cheese dressing, top with the chunks of sauced chicken and sprinkle some crumbles of blue cheese on top......plenty of fresh ground black pepper. Enjoy...…...

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    replied
    Donw - Did you say 'Walk' or 'Treat'?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0973.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	682652Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0974.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	682653

Leave a comment:

• Hugh
    commented on 's reply
    I finally found a salad I like with protein recently. A Cobb salad. An egg with some bacon bits and chicken. I think I could work in a few variations on this. Thanks Attjack.

• Dan Deter
    commented on 's reply
    I'm way too lazy to make my own crusts. I generally use more chicken than it calls for, and make it a large oval corelle casserole dish, and use 1.5 - 2 boxes of pillsbury refrigerated pie crust for the top and bottom crusts, piecing it together from the circles to fit the casserole. That makes it big enough that it probably has to cook a little longer, so once the top crust is browned I'll cover with foil to keep it from getting too far while the insides finish up.

• THE Humble Texan
    replied
    STIR FRY. When the veggies are all but done...throw in the chicken to warm.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    ClayJones That's my first meal 5 days a week.

• Donw
    replied
    Here most leftovers end up in soup, stews, or on the breakfast table mixed with eggs or potatoes However, my corgis just chimed to remind you not to forget any dogs that you know. They love leftovers too.🙂

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here