Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cambro Temp monitoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, I was hoping it was that simple. The idea of not serving safe food stirs my mind maybe more then it should.

• JPGators17
    replied
    I just leave the probe in the meat and close the cooler lid with the probe lead running out. Haven't had any problem with that.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    started a topic Cambro Temp monitoring

Cambro Temp monitoring

So, yesterday I did my first "set in a cooler wrapped in towels" of a pulled pork. I trusted probably too much that it would stay plenty warm for long period of time. and once opened it up just to gauge the heat I was feeling inside the blanket area. But. I am wondering how do you monitor a factual temp in your cooler, or actual cambro set up's. I think i would like that ability. and I am not sure if I put my thermoworks smoke inside the cooler it would be good for the components to be essentially in a steam oven of sorts. so. and could the temp leads handle being closed in a tight fit cooler , cambro if I only shut those in?

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here