Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke overload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bumby
    commented on 's reply
    I completely agree! On smoke days I don't shower until about 45 minutes before people show up. And when I get dressed, I change into a completely new (i.e., clean) outfit.

• IowaGirl
    replied
    I can see having a drink of something distinctive and not smoky -- like the mint juleps being discussed in another currently active thread -- might also help. But I'm betting the shower will make the biggest difference.

Leave a comment:

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    I'm guessing it's more that you're a smoker and your body is adapted to cig smoke, so being around smoke from a campfire or smoker isn't that big of a deal. I don't smoke except on rare occasions when I'll share my husband's cigar, so it's not something I'm adapted to. Just a guess, though....

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    Good point, that. I have done a lot of chores on my family's hog farm and my nose even gets used to that by the end of a long day.

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker you’re too funny. 🤣
    At least I don’t have to worry about washing my hair like you do. All 37 strands of mine take on very little smoke. 😁😁

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yeah, you sure want to be wowy!

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    I smoke cigarettes and usually have an unusual beer (typically an IPA or something funky) on the weekends so was just wondering if one of those things was preventing me from being afflicted with this problem. I'd say it's less time around the smoker than those who tend a fire, but I probably go out more with the dogs and me getting a cig in. My clothes smell strongly of cooking smoke, but I still enjoy my food as much the same day as I do the next. Could just be biology like asparagus pee?

• Stevo
    commented on 's reply
    Do you mean scotch? 😛

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    replied
    I don't have this problem yet, but I wonder have folks tried a palate cleanser and the results?

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Absolutely! I call this BSO- BBQ Sensory Overload. If I take a shower just before (or after) guests arrive, I enjoy it all better. If I try to eat all smoky & grungy from tending the smoker all day it's not as wowing.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Good to hear you get a few showers in each month. LOL

• Mudkat
    commented on 's reply
    💋💄📿

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I am sure your family would appreciate that.

• Troutman
    replied
    Got a kid in college living with us. Works at night in a burger joint. Comes home smelling like 10 years worth of used peanut oil. Says he doesn't smell a thing, I can't stand to be within 10 feet of him. Guess we filter out what's on us. I like the shower solution, seems to re-set the whole food experience.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    STS, you refuse to submit, so then you suffer. 🕶

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here