Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortened versions of Meathead recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IowaGirl
    commented on 's reply
    Interesting how we blend new technology with the old. Glad to see I'm not the only one! I keep handwritten notebooks for my grilling and smoking adventures and my other crafts. Typing on the 'puter just isn't the same. GPS and maps are another example. There's no doubt GPS is handy, but blindly following the "GPS Lady" is no substitute for studying a map and building a mental picture of the route too.

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Pretty clever holder there. Thanks, gcdmd .

Kathryn

• gcdmd
    replied
    Add me to the three-ring binder team. You sure can't do this with a laptop, or even a tablet:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Skirt Hangar Recipe Holder.jpg Views:	2 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	621530

Actually, I often put my laptop on the kitchen counter, especially when I'm trying a recipe out for the first time or three. Once I've decided that it's a keeper it gets printed and into the binder. Then I can just pull it out and hang it over the counter, as in the picture.

BTW, I print on both sides of the paper and punch three holes in both long edges of the paper. That way, I have the option of which sides of two pages face each other.

Last edited by gcdmd; January 11, 2019, 07:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• gdsim1
    replied
    That print button is AWESOME!!! Thanks for the upgrade AmazibgRibs!

Going to combine this with the old school tip of tossing them in a three ring binder. So many recipes in my family have gotten lost over the years and through the generations due to "Hey, do you have Mom’s recipe for X?" "No, I thought YOU had it!"-type stuff it’s a crying shame.

Apps and computer programs are great, but who knows where technology will be when I kick the bucket? And all it would take would be one lost password or one expired subscription for everything to be gone forever.

Everybody who is important to me, however, will know where my cookbook of collected recipes is.

Leave a comment:

• gdsim1
    replied
    That print button is AWESOME!!! Thanks for the upgrade AmazibgRibs!

Going to combine this with the old school tip of tossing them in a three ring binder. So many recipes in my family have gotten lost over the years and through the generations due to "Hey, do you have Mom’s recipe for X?" "No, I thought YOU had it!"-type stuff it’s a crying shame.

Apps and computer programs are great, but who knows where technology will be when I kick the bucket? And all it would take would be one lost password or one expired subscription for everything to be gone forever.

Everybody who is important to me, however, will know where my cookbook of collected recipes is.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    OR, who gives a rip about nutrition.
    It’s food, BBQ or in the neighborhood, let’s eat.

• Murdy
    commented on 's reply
    "Nutrition-schmutrition"

Yep, sometimes I'd rather not know.

• fzxdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Meathead View Post
    We just installed the print button on all recipes last month. It strips the page down to just the recipe "card" and removes the pix and funny quote. The pastrami recipe prints on just a little more than 1 page (I have asked the tech team to leave out the nutrition info). That's the bare minimum.
    I just tried it. Worked great, but Nutrition Info still in the printout. Nutrition-schmutrition. I love that pastrami no matter what.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    commented on 's reply
    I use 3 ring binders too. Showing my age I guess?

• FireMan
    replied
    Can we have a list of just the "funny quotes"? 😎

Leave a comment:

• Texas Larry
    commented on 's reply
    I’ll echo the endorsement for the Paprika app. Importing recipes is a snap, and it seems to zero in on the essentials

• treesmacker
    replied
    Very easy to organize in Microsoft OneNote. You can select a recipe, find that "print friendly" button, and then "Print to OneNote"... it goes directly there and then just name it and drag it to the appropriate tab. Also, copy pictures, text, URL links. Make notes directly on the recipe page with your results and comments; success, changes, what smoke was used, etc... OneNote doesn't have a "save" button - it is all saved automatically (took me awhile to get used to that). Click image for larger version

Name:	OneNote1.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	621061Click image for larger version

Name:	OneNote2.JPG
Views:	177
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	621062Click image for larger version

Name:	OneNote3.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	621063

Leave a comment:

• ddmcwhirter
    replied
    That's cool! I had printed everything brisket, rubs, mop sauce, etc and had about fifteen pages (maybe more) stapled at a corner. It ended up getting a bit messy with spices and mop, but it sure does smell good!

Leave a comment:

• bardsleyque
    commented on 's reply
    three ring binders ROCK!!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I know and totally appreciate that, and all of what you guys do Meathead. Sometimes I just have to chuckle, and crack a little wise, at our First World "issues". I do, like many I suppose, have a book of family recipes my Mom complied over 40 years ago to which I add some of my favorite AR recipes. Most of my family is gone now and it's fun to visit with them through their recipes. I guess you all are a part of that now, even Clint!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here