Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shortened versions of Meathead recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Keep in mind, we are always fine tuning, tweaking, and occasionally fixing an error (not in my recipes, only Clint's have errors).

• Meathead
    replied
    We just installed the print button on all recipes last month. It strips the page down to just the recipe "card" and removes the pix and funny quote. The pastrami recipe prints on just a little more than 1 page (I have asked the tech team to leave out the nutrition info). That's the bare minimum.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Copy and paste what you want/need to word doc then save. Back it up to another device and you will always have your favorite AR recipes. I even print my personal faves and slip them into a, gasp!, 3 ring binder. A little old fashioned, but that's how I roll....

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    If I want just the recipe (which is pretty rare), I highlight that part, and use Evernote Clipper in my browser to save it. Works great, but Evernote does have an annual fee.

• shify
    replied
    Doesn't this site have a print recipe button? I haven't tried it on this site, but typically those that will open up a print-friendly version that typically only contains the recipe and not the entire article or at least give you an option to only show the recipe and no accompanying text or photos

Edit:
    Here is the link to the full Char Siu ribs article, complete with narrative and sidebars, etc

Everybody loves Chinese restaurant "BBQ" ribs. They have a distinct pork flavor, a glossy sheen that implies the sweet glaze beneath, and a glowing red-pink color that penetrates the surface. Here's a simple recipe for making Chinatown char siu ribs at home on your grill or in the oven featuring a flavorful marinade.

Here is the print-friendly link that has just the recipe:

Everybody loves Chinese restaurant "BBQ" ribs. They have a distinct pork flavor, a glossy sheen that implies the sweet glaze beneath, and a glowing red-pink color that penetrates the surface. Here's a simple recipe for making Chinatown char siu ribs at home on your grill or in the oven featuring a flavorful marinade.
    Last edited by shify; January 9, 2019, 01:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    This does come up from time to time. I will defer to the man himself. Meathead

Leave a comment:

• EdF
    replied
    SeriousEats has a good approach, though kind of labor-intensive: 2 articles. The first one gives the thinking; the second the recipe pretty much direct (often with notes though).

It's tradeoffs - I'd hate to try to reorganize all of the existing recipes on this site. Just too much!

Leave a comment:

• jgreen
    replied
    Try copying to a recipe app like Paprika. It seems to only pick up the ingredients and the main instructions.

Leave a comment:

• wcpreston
    started a topic Shortened versions of Meathead recipes?

Shortened versions of Meathead recipes?

I love Meathead's explanations behind each step of his recipes. They're really helpful when reviewing a recipe the first time.

I'm wondering if we can have a shortened version for those of us who already accept his logic, and just want to remember what all the steps in the recipe are. Perhaps just for Pit members?

I thought of this while following the pastrami recipe. This is already a very long, involved process, with many steps. It's even harder to make sure you're following all those steps when they are surrounded by all the explanation.

Again -- love all the exposition. Just wondering if there's a way to call out just the steps.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here