Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a rotisserie channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    I am, truly, in awe!

Very, very cool!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Certainly, a peaceful (!!!!!), an mezmerizin way to enjoy one's ceegar, an bevvie of choice!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Too cool, that hits so many primal notes it's not funny !! Looks like something Francis Mallmann would dream up

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    That’s exactly what I run a rotisserie on :-)

• Attjack
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Craigar
    replied
    The lovely thing about a rotisserie is they can by used on a variety of different cookers and aren't limited to one or two. They can be used on anything from an open pit to a $25,000 Kalamazoo. Kettles, kamados, gassers...you name it the rotisserie will find a home. Hey ecowper do you have one on your Hasty-Bake? Personally I wouldn't mind seeing more info on rotisseries.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I accept your challenge to liven up the pizza oven channel.
    Last edited by Attjack; December 28, 2018, 03:09 PM.

• Frozen Smoke
    replied
    Pizza ovens sub channel has a whopping 6 topics and 78 responses. Lump the spinners in with that and maybe get more activity in that sub channel? Or lump it in with electrics because you pretty much need electrons to run that spinner motor right? Just spit ballin' here.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    No, I think you would just post where you want to put it and you could check an additional box if you felt like it.

• jlazar
    replied
    A recent example. I cooked my first prime rib roast this Christmas. I was torn between smoking on the G2, the Kettle with SnS, and the Kettle with rotisserie and SnS. Eventually went with the Kettle and SnS because I did not know if a rotisserie would cook a roast significantly different and did not want to screw up Christmas dinner. I would not be as interested in pics of rotisserie cooks as much as folks sharing techniques on using the rotisserie and how it might impact the way you cook or cook times. For example, is there any significant difference or thing to watch out for when smoking a roast at 225 vs hanging one on a rotisserie at 225. Don't want to learn by trial and error that there is or isn't a difference.

Is there a difference between a rotisserie on a gasser vs charcoal? Charcoal with SNS vs charcoal with Weber basket? One basket vs two?
    Last edited by jlazar; December 28, 2018, 01:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I did the same but look what's in there, it's mainly posts about the specific products and how they function rather then cooking techniques per se. What's being presented here, if I read it correctly, is a hybrid between the two.

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    I suspect Ray J will be needing a big raise for that stuff!

• Willy
    replied
    As I survey the present channels (mostly first tier sub-channels), under "Accessories and Cookware" I see: Instant Pot, Cast Iron, Kettle Accessories, and Sous Vide among others. Under "Grills, Smokers, and Fuels" I see: Wood Pellets (mainly a discussion of pellet models), Pizza Ovens, and Log/Wood/Stickburners, among others.

Seems to me that rotisserie is as "unique" and as widely used as anything listed above.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Yea really jazz up the matrix. So .... if for instance you wanted to cook a steak sous vide and sear. To post, be given the option of the Beef Recipe sub channel, the technique of the Sous Vide sub channel as a cross reference and the technique of Searing as a third sub channel. The latter two would post automatically to their appropriate spaces while the first choice would have posting hierarchy. Let's see how good Ray J really is

• EdF
    commented on 's reply
    Hmn, time for that database with SQL. ;-)

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here