Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a rotisserie channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only suggested the channel because I went looking for rotisserie knowledge in the technique section of AmazingRibs.com and came up short, so I had to go other websites instead.

Comment

• tbob4
      tbob4 commented
      Editing a comment
      Look at all the dust you kicked up. Shame on you! hahahaha.

• Attjack
      Attjack commented
      Editing a comment
      It's what I do, Bob, but my intentions are good.

Attjack agreed with the lack of sharing of rotisserie knowledge. But there are a bunch of us that do rotisserie routinely ..... It's how I cook prime rib and chicken pretty much always.

Rotisserie chicken is so awesome that Costco does it every day :-)

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Diggin' the new mugshot!

• ecowper
      ecowper commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee thanks man .... the beard is coming in pretty good

OK give them their rotisserie channel. Then I want one for pellet cooking and techniques there in. And while we’re at it, stick burning, KBQ, kettle, Santa Maria, heck run the whole gambit. Why not? Makes it easy to find the appropriate technique for the appropriate cook.

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF Why not Huskee? Huskee makes the new channels!

• EdF
      EdF commented
      Editing a comment
      Because somehow, I suspect even Huskee is not a database expert (nor am I). Doesn't mean a raise would hurt though, eh?

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      EdF you are correct, Huskee is an expert in nothing, definitely not databases (or databi?, not a linguistic expert neither) .

As I survey the present channels (mostly first tier sub-channels), under "Accessories and Cookware" I see: Instant Pot, Cast Iron, Kettle Accessories, and Sous Vide among others. Under "Grills, Smokers, and Fuels" I see: Wood Pellets (mainly a discussion of pellet models), Pizza Ovens, and Log/Wood/Stickburners, among others.

Seems to me that rotisserie is as "unique" and as widely used as anything listed above.

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      I did the same but look what's in there, it's mainly posts about the specific products and how they function rather then cooking techniques per se. What's being presented here, if I read it correctly, is a hybrid between the two.

A recent example. I cooked my first prime rib roast this Christmas. I was torn between smoking on the G2, the Kettle with SnS, and the Kettle with rotisserie and SnS. Eventually went with the Kettle and SnS because I did not know if a rotisserie would cook a roast significantly different and did not want to screw up Christmas dinner. I would not be as interested in pics of rotisserie cooks as much as folks sharing techniques on using the rotisserie and how it might impact the way you cook or cook times. For example, is there any significant difference or thing to watch out for when smoking a roast at 225 vs hanging one on a rotisserie at 225. Don't want to learn by trial and error that there is or isn't a difference.

Is there a difference between a rotisserie on a gasser vs charcoal? Charcoal with SNS vs charcoal with Weber basket? One basket vs two?
    Last edited by jlazar; December 28, 2018, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Pizza ovens sub channel has a whopping 6 topics and 78 responses. Lump the spinners in with that and maybe get more activity in that sub channel? Or lump it in with electrics because you pretty much need electrons to run that spinner motor right? Just spit ballin' here.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        I accept your challenge to liven up the pizza oven channel.
        Last edited by Attjack; December 28, 2018, 03:09 PM.

The lovely thing about a rotisserie is they can by used on a variety of different cookers and aren't limited to one or two. They can be used on anything from an open pit to a $25,000 Kalamazoo. Kettles, kamados, gassers...you name it the rotisserie will find a home. Hey ecowper do you have one on your Hasty-Bake? Personally I wouldn't mind seeing more info on rotisseries.

Comment

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s exactly what I run a rotisserie on :-)

Comment

• Troutman
        Troutman commented
        Editing a comment
        Too cool, that hits so many primal notes it's not funny !! Looks like something Francis Mallmann would dream up

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        I am, truly, in awe!

Very, very cool!

Wow! That thing is awesome!

Comment

GREAT IDEA! NUF SAID! (Not yelling just enthusiastic 😀)

Comment

Hot diggity! Time to go get my new rotisserie!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bl55ISs.png
Views:	203
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	614669

Comment

Just got mine. Here's my first cook. 😁

Click image for larger version

Name:	4087.jpeg
Views:	198
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	614682

Comment

• Mr. Bones
              Mr. Bones commented
              Editing a comment
              So, now, yer sayin that we also need to add a "Snacks" Channel, Brother?!?!?!

Beautimous Porker, there

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Lol

Alright ladies & gentlemen, enjoy the new Rotisserie Cooking channel!

When you spot other older rotisserie-specific topics, mention me, Jerod Broussard, Spinaker, or Henrik in them and we can move those topics to their new home.

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks boss!

• Attjack
              Attjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, thanks!

Ok here goes, Huskee Jerod Broussard Spinaker Henrik now that I have mentioned you, what happens.

Comment

• Mudkat
              Mudkat commented
              Editing a comment
              You get put on a spit and spun? Yikes that's brutal!

+1 for a rotisserie channel
            opps. Guess I should have read the whole topic before posting. Now I have to post a cook to the new channel. Thanks!
            Last edited by scullybones; December 29, 2018, 08:58 AM. Reason: cause I am a chucklehead

Comment

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              You also need to learn how to spell oops. 🕶

• scullybones
              scullybones commented
              Editing a comment
              I am a product of the NY City Education System which should explain a lot.

• SmokingSteve
              SmokingSteve commented
              Editing a comment
              So you're saying that you have "bin ejumakatid" ?

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here