Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a rotisserie channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    And if we could crosspost you would find the same rotisserie chicken thread in the chicken channel and the rotisserie channel. Of the same pork butt thread in the Slow n Sear channel and the pork channel.

• Troutman
    replied
    OK give them their rotisserie channel. Then I want one for pellet cooking and techniques there in. And while we’re at it, stick burning, KBQ, kettle, Santa Maria, heck run the whole gambit. Why not? Makes it easy to find the appropriate technique for the appropriate cook.

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    Sous vide isn’t live fire cooking which is why it deserves its own sub channel. Rotisserie cooking is a subset of grilling. Present it as such.

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    I we could cross post between channels that would be nice. That way people could find the content they're after regardless of how they categorize the subject.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    So what’s to stop you from posting them anyway in their proper meat sub channel category??

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I agree, I see the light!!

• ecowper
    replied
    Attjack agreed with the lack of sharing of rotisserie knowledge. But there are a bunch of us that do rotisserie routinely ..... It's how I cook prime rib and chicken pretty much always.

Rotisserie chicken is so awesome that Costco does it every day :-)

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    replied
    I only suggested the channel because I went looking for rotisserie knowledge in the technique section of AmazingRibs.com and came up short, so I had to go other websites instead.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    Huskee (and the other moderators) ..... I have seen a fair number of questions being posted about rotisserie Q .... and I know there's a significant number of us that do rotisserie Q as well .... I know it's not as new and exciting as Sous-Vide, though.

However, rotisserie bbq is actually one of the oldest methods of cooking meat that there is. It seems that after 30,000 years of doing it, we can safely say that rotisserie is not a fad ;-)

Perhaps those are good arguments in favor of a rotisserie sub-channel :-)

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Exactly, Chuck in Charlotte

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Gotcha, you're right. Very valid point!

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Win-win-win :-)

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Huskee your argument is that people would get confused by overlap between poultry, for example, and rotisserie. But how is that any different than beef and sous vide channels? Which already exists and could already be confusing. Using this argument, there should only be the actual food channels, and no grills or accessories channels.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I don't follow the logic here. And, here's a classic case of can't please everyone. But alas I am not a dictator, my way is not always right. I am discussing this with the other mods, so stay tuned to the final verdict.

• Chuck in Charlotte
    replied
    A rotisserie channel would only prompt more great pictures of succulent meats, which would only make me want to buy a rotisserie. Next thing you know my wife would say, "Honey, what's a Jotisserie and why is there one on our credit card?"

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here