Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holding spare ribs for a long time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holding spare ribs for a long time

Hello, I'm cooking six racks of spares on a WSM and have a two part question. Two will go to a tailgate at 1 pm where it will be ~45 degrees with 20 mph winds. The other four I'm serving at a friend's house at about 5:30. Ribs look to be ready about noon or 12:30

Question 1: what's the best way to keep the ribs at the tailgate warm without bringing a heating source? I've got an Artic cooler that I was thinking I could put them in with some towels.

Question 2: Should I refrigerate the other 4 racks, or leave them in the oven at home? My wife will be home (because she's not stupid and doesn't want to stand outside in the wind and cold), so she can monitor the oven and change temps if needed. The oven will go as low as 170.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Sounds like ya got a viable answer already to #1

#2? I'd leave em wrapped tight in th oven, vs fridge / reheat...

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to th Pit!
    Glad to have ya here, lookin forward to hearin more from ya!

Enjoy yer 45°, wind n all, amigo...

Comment

That Artic ought to do the trick as Bones mentioned. Just keep it closed until you’re ready to serve. In another post someone suggested filling empty milk containers with hot water as a precaution.

Comment

Ditto on the advice already given and welcome from Maryland.

Comment

This is late advice, but the ribs in the oven will probably be fall of the bone done.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Thanks for the advice all. I kept the four racks in the oven, and as LA Pork Butt said, they were a little overdone, but still good. Much appreciated.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here